Recent content by barbaranna

  1. barbaranna

    THR Tension Is Rising

    Thank you for replying. You would think that to get over all the being put to sleep and finding out how much pain there will be... needs an overnight. I dont know how you can just come out of surgery and get up and walk around on the leg with it being swollen etc and so painful. I remember when...
  2. barbaranna

    THR Tension Is Rising

    Hi I am getting ready for surgery for total hip on August 7th. I did have one back in 2014 the less invasive way but got sick with low oxygen and did not come home for 5 days. At that time they sent you home the next day. NOW they send you home the very same day and I am hyperventilating because...
  3. barbaranna

    THR Questions for coming up surgery

    Hi I have some questions after researching and reading up on the some of the thing to do and not to do for the replacement. i have reclining chair and sofa/motorized. It mentions not to use them. Has anyone done that or do you know why? Are you aloud to go up chairs as soon as you go home. I am...
  4. barbaranna

    THR Surgery in August

    Surgery date is August seventh with Doctor Phillips from u b orphoenix in Buffalo, New York. Anyone else from Buffalo, New York
  5. barbaranna

    THR Surgery in August

    Thanks all for replying. It is getting closer, and I can feel the anxiety growing more and more each day. I keep tossing the question back and forth in my mind... should I or shouldn't I? I have a fear of blood clots and worry about that the most or moving the wrong way and getting it...
  6. barbaranna

    THR Surgery in August

    Hi just looking for some assurance on the surgery. Back in 2014 I had my right hip replaced and really didn't do to well. I did have the non invasive surgery but still thought i could actually not deal with the pain. They asked me to get out of bed and try to walk and just could not do it. I did...
  7. barbaranna

    Hip replacement on the other side

    thank you for all your good opinions. Will be messaging more as I find thing out. I day 14th to 21st. Do you think i would be able to go? I know everyone has a different recovery time but just on a average
  8. barbaranna

    Hip replacement on the other side

    Went to the Dr to discuss the time to have my other hip replaced. The right hip was done in 2014 of March. I did not do that well then. Ended in the hospital for 5 days, could not keep my oxygen level at a good level. This time they told me that they even send you home the same day! Wow! I dont...
  9. barbaranna

    THR Pain in hip and leg months after surgery

    I had THR at the end of March and was so happy thinking I was going to be pain free. Well now I have pain again in the side I had my hip replaced. It started on August 22, just pain when I walked, it was mild at first. Then found I was having pain in my lower right hand part of my back and then...
  10. barbaranna

    THR Let the recovery begin....

    @AndisMom ...Hi just checked to see how you are doing and it looks like you are coming along just fine. Actually some of the issues you have I have so it must be normal. My front bottom of my leg below the knee is numb. When I went to shave it was funny it was like watching someone else do it. I...
  11. barbaranna

    THR Crossing over to my new beginning

    anterior approach and yes I am still sore and can tell when I do to much so I just cut back don't like the swelling feeling and the tightness though and I swear by the Celebrex he has me on. I believe I would be on more pain meds if I weren't on that
  12. barbaranna

    THR Crossing over to my new beginning

    @AndisMom Hi how are you doing this week? Off of cane and walker and started to drive...just cant depend and ask people any more when they are busy themselves. I'm a little sore think I have been doing a little to much...tried to wash the windows outside..lol
  13. barbaranna

    THR Crossing over to my new beginning

    not using cane or walker anymore yea!!!But swelling still at site and sometimes a pain average of 3 maybe once in a while. when this is over will I be able to do anything ? Things like kneel or ride a exercise bike,mow the lawn etc? just wondering
  14. barbaranna

    THR Crossing over to my new beginning

    Almost off all meds just take Tylenol once in a while. The only thing is surgery was March 24th and there is still swelling at the site. Is that normal? And below the knee of the surgical leg it feels kind of numb on the front part of the leg. Anyone else have that?
  15. barbaranna

    THR Crossing over to my new beginning

    @Josephine just doing what the Dr ordered on the aspirin. They want me to take 325 mg for 6 weeks of aspirin for blood clotting and one 200 mg Celebrex daily. I haven't used the Tramadol because I have not had much pain just the tightness and once in a great while discomfort. its the swelling...
Back
Top Bottom