Recent content by bamagirl

  1. bamagirl

    Revision THR Hip now hurting 2 yrs post THR after knee surgery

    Update: I had my revision surgery on July 15th and it went well. I had no infection. Doctor told me my stem was so loose he simply pulled it out by hand. No wonder I was in so much pain! He thinks that I only got partial meshing of the stem to the bone after the original surgery. This time...
  2. bamagirl

    Revision THR Hip now hurting 2 yrs post THR after knee surgery

    Hi @rhino1 I can let you know how it goes. I am in a lot of pain, so I definitely know something is wrong. It has slowly gotten worse over the last 5 months to the point that I can hardly get around even using a walker. Everything I do is a chore due to the pain. So I'm looking forward to...
  3. bamagirl

    Revision THR Hip now hurting 2 yrs post THR after knee surgery

    @Josephine Thanks for merging the two threads. I had started the one as a "pain after knee surgery" but then after yesterday's diagnosis thought better to state it as "loosening of the implant". I had a thread a few years ago after my replacements but didn't think this new information should...
  4. bamagirl

    Revision THR Hip now hurting 2 yrs post THR after knee surgery

    @Josephine Yes, it is sort of like that, but the space isn't that big yet and it is more towards the top of the stem. But just like that x-ray, you can see a space between the implant and the bone. I had an uncemented stem. Funny that this replacement, compared to the one on the left, has...
  5. bamagirl

    Revision THR Hip now hurting 2 yrs post THR after knee surgery

    Thank you @Pumpkln . I appreciate your concern, but I am honestly in so much pain that I would have the surgery today if I could. Absolutely everything I do is excruciatingly painful. The surgeon I am using is not the same one that performed the original hip replacement, but nevertheless, is...
  6. bamagirl

    Revision THR Hip now hurting 2 yrs post THR after knee surgery

    This really sucks. I had a right partial knee replacement in February. This is two years after having both my hips replaced successfully. Never imagined that my hip would start hurting soon after. I've gone months now trying to figure out the cause. Had a cortisone injection and even...
  7. bamagirl

    Revision THR Hip now hurting 2 yrs post THR after knee surgery

    Thanks for your response @Josephine. The arthroscopy though was not to treat the bursitis, it was to look for the source of pain I was continuing to have. My pain continues to get worse. I saw my surgeon yesterday and at first he tried to figure out what else could be causing the pain...
  8. bamagirl

    Revision THR Hip now hurting 2 yrs post THR after knee surgery

    Two years ago I had both hips replaced due to congenital hip dysplasia which caused arthritis. Both surgeries went great, although the right hip never felt quite as "normal" as the left. Nevertheless, I was able to resume my regular activities. Shortly after started having pain in my right...
  9. bamagirl

    2016 February Valentines - Are you have knee surgery in February?

    I have a partial right knee replacement scheduled February 10th. This will be a patellofemoral replacement due to arthritis limited to under the knee cap. I will be searching the threads for others who have undergone this surgery.
  10. bamagirl

    Overweight and in desperate need of TRHR

    I have to agree with @texasvet . There must be some procedure for getting an exception. If not, you may have no choice but to really work on that nutrition and get those 30 lbs off. May seem like a big hurdle, but you will be surprised how fast it can come off even without exercise when you...
  11. bamagirl

    33 years old and in serious pain with my hips

    @JamesBow if your quality of life is suffering, have the surgery. You are too young to be suffering. You will find, just like @fulafoto said, that it will give you your life back. Good luck. :)
  12. bamagirl

    THR Renee's hip number two...I'm ready!

    Well, I haven't checked in here in a while and I'm not sure who is still listening, but thought I would provide an update. I've been looking at other threads and providing advice where I can, but have not updated my thread. So, it has been 6 months since my RTHR and 4 months since the LTHR...
  13. bamagirl

    Am I having surgery too early? Will I regret this?

    @MissMoo You are NOT too young to have this surgery. I just had both my hips replaced in the last 6 months at age 43. My pain started getting bad last summer and within 6 months I could hardly walk around. Ended up I had congenital hip dysplasia but didn't know it so that caused my early...
  14. bamagirl

    Think it is time to make the phone call and get this left hip replacement process going....

    @gazelle7777 I'm so glad you pulled the trigger. You won't regret it. Honestly, you will probably wish you had it done sooner. I started having hip pain around May/June of last year and by the fall I was miserable. Tried cortisone injections first at the end of October (I was in...
  15. bamagirl

    Newbie to the board, THR planned for August 4

    @muckingabout Welcome to the Forum. This place is a wealth of information and got me through two hip replacements. I'm wondering if the recliner you purchased has to be pushed down with your legs. Going back may not be a problem, but getting out of the recliner could be if you have to push on...
Back
Top Bottom