Recent content by BamaBelle

  1. B

    TKR Pain

    Have others experienced severe muscle tightness in the inner thigh and hip flexor? Also, has anyone taken Magnesium to help with the TKR healing process?
  2. B

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    Yes @Josephine, I meant patience!
  3. B

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    Praying for you @Knees4Me! God is the great physician! Today, I'm 8 weeks post op TKR and I'm still so miserable. Swelling, stiffness and my flexion is only 113! I read all of @Josephine recovery thread and she was already at 125 at this point! If you haven't read it, you really should. I...
  4. B

    TKR Pain

    Smarties, I'm having pain down my shin. The pain isn't constant, but when it's here, it's a burning sensation. Is it nerve pain?
  5. B

    TKR Pain

    At my last flexion measurement, with a hard push, it was 105 (I left that therapist that day!).
  6. B

    TKR Pain

    @chsed, Thank you for the encouragement! I definitely need it. I saw my OS today for 2nd post op visit. He told me that if I don't get my flexion, he will have to MUA! I told him that could not happen. Why are the doctors in such a hurry to do the MUA? Tomorrow I will be 6 weeks post of...
  7. B

    TKR Not a new patient but I need help, lots of it

    @Texaslady, I'm having the same problem with getting pain meds! Last time I called my OS, his PA told me that I needed to cut back on pain meds ( I was taking 4/day of 5 mg Percocet)! I told her that I wasn't abusing the drug I was just trying to survive this hell I was going through! I...
  8. B

    TKR 2 year post TKA-Need a revision :(

    Hugs and prayers AuntB3
  9. B

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    Chrisknee, I'm crying as I read your post! Please don't let others frustrate you and make you insecure. It amazes me how the experts tend to bully and intimidate the very ones they are paid to help. As of last week, I left my PT because of his continued aggressive treatment. I had asked him...
  10. B

    TKR Pain

    Thank you so much for your encouraging words! Not sure I can make this journey without all of you!
  11. B

    TKR Pain

    @ Pumpkin, thank you!
  12. B

    TKR Pain

    @ Jockette, I have read the article and a lot of the others. I do get overwhelmed because some days it seems as if I'm not progressing at all. And like you said, I haven't done this before. Thank you for your encouragement!
  13. B

    TKR Pain

    Just wanted to know how others are fairing or faired at 5 weeks post op. I still have to take 5 mg of Percocet, 4 times each day, along with Acetaminophen and Advil. I'm I taking too much medication? Also, if I try to go more than 6 hours between meds, my knee, shin area is throbbing and...
  14. B

    TKR Pain

    I'm 5 weeks post op and obviously impatient! I'm so tired of the stiffness, tight feeling and swelling. Icing, elevating and medicating, when will this throbbing pain go away? Sorry, this old girl is having a bad day
  15. B

    TKR ROM<

    Hi Chief3, You and I had the same surgery date. 5 weeks post op today and I can't imagine being back at work! Are you able to get up and move about during the day? When I sit for long periods of time, my knee becomes so stiff and the pain level increases. Also, is there anyway you can ice and...
Back
Top Bottom