Recent content by Badhip2010

  1. B

    Hip Infection* Badhip2010's Recovery Thread

    Well I am 12 days post op and my mobility is getting better each day. I go to see Dr Steele to get the 18 stitches out this Wednesday which will be 15 days post op. I am getting much better with administration of my IV treatment twice a day. Having some stomach issues but not terrible. I am very...
  2. B

    Hip Infection* Badhip2010's Recovery Thread

    My recovery from the surgery is going very well. Chunked the walker on day 4 post op for a cane. The hip is still very tender tho, go for a re ck with Dr Steele on April 29, 15 days post op to get the 18 stitches out. Nurse changed my dressings on hip and arm picc line yesterday. This darn...
  3. B

    Hip Infection* Badhip2010's Recovery Thread

    Dr Erickson the germ Dr just came by. The culture from the tissue and blood inside the hip needs more time to reveal what specific antibiotic is needed. This may take another 4 days to get the data. So he said I stay one more night in the hospital and if they don’t know the specifics antibiotic...
  4. B

    Hip Infection* Badhip2010's Recovery Thread

    Dr Steele just came by and gave me the full scope of what went on. All the infection was around the top metal band. He said it popped like a pimple when he got close to it. He removed that cable and flushed. He said the ball and cup area looked great so he did not change them out as he had...
  5. B

    Hip Infection* Badhip2010's Recovery Thread

    Ok, Dr Steele did the flush out yesterday. He said most of the infection was around the top metal band of 4 that he had to put in last time when my femur fractured getting the loose stem out. He did not take the ball of the stem nor did he replace the plastic shim in the acetabular cup. So that...
  6. B

    Hip Infection* Badhip2010's Recovery Thread

    The second pic is after surgery 4 on the left hip in October 2018. The stem put in in November 2010 had become loose and caused pain. Upon extraction of the stem the top portion of the stem was secure and the top of my femur shattered upon extraction. This surgery was the worst of the 7 as far...
  7. B

    Hip Infection* Badhip2010's Recovery Thread

    I go in for surgery Tuesday morning at 6:00 am in Pcola. The hip has a lot of pressure in it and my whole left leg aches and feels like it is over exerted most of the time. I am still trying to be as active as I can to maintain what strength I have. When they did the aspiration of my left a lot...
  8. B

    Hip Infection* Hip infection

    Yea I have a surgery Tuesday to wash out my left hip due to an infection from a teeth cleaning a month ago. This will be surgery number 5 on that hip! I am supposed to get an arm port for IV antibiotics treatment 3 times a day for 6 weeks. He says I can do the iv treatment myself. Good luck to you
  9. B

    Hip Infection* Badhip2010's Recovery Thread

    I had hip resurfacing done on both hips in May 2010 2 weeks apart. Metal on metal implants. 10 weeks post op the right femur broke at the fixture. THR with a stem, still metal on metal. 6 months later the left femur broke at the fixture with a THR stem metal on metal. 6 months later had more...
Back
Top Bottom