Recent content by babette12

  1. babette12

    Welcome to the October Feisties' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Hi Everyone - Please add me to the October list; I had a revision to a TKR on October 18, 2019. The original TKR was on July 20, 2018. Many thanks.
  2. babette12

    TKR Babette's Recovery Thread

    :loveshwr:Thanks for all the support each and every one!
  3. babette12

    TKR Babette's Recovery Thread

    Hello! I had my surgery on Friday July 20 and am only now getting a handle on the pain. Came home yesterday. The early days were rougher than I thought. The hospital was awful ... very noisy, patients partying in the next room, so it is just so good to be home. I had a visit from a nurse today...
  4. babette12

    When could you comfortably ride in a car?

    Happy we're going out there on Wednesday! Whew.
  5. babette12

    Hibiclens Five Days Ahead?!

    Learned at my pre-op appt. that I need to wash daily with Hibiclens for 5 days before surgery! Has anyone else had to do this? Seems like a lot of days.
  6. babette12

    When could you comfortably ride in a car?

    I guess it's a good thing we could arrange to see it this Wednesday! :fingersx:
  7. babette12

    When could you comfortably ride in a car?

    As luck would have it, my husband and I need to drive about an hour each way pretty soon to have a look at a house for sale. Will I be able to do this ... as a passenger in the back seat with pillows, etc. ... a week out? (Is that laughing I hear from there?!) Thanks for your comments!
  8. babette12

    Stopped taking anti inflammatory meds

    Oh, I'm right there with you! My surgery is a week from today so I'm off all NSAIDs and also my fish oil/omega 3s.
  9. babette12

    Cannot have a TKR unless I get my BMI down to 30

    Oh so much misinformation coming from all corners! If I could I'd buy a copy of this book for every woman I know, including everyone at bonesmart! And a copy for the OP's ignorant surgeon. This explains everything. Hint: it's NOT your fault:
  10. babette12

    Visitors: Be Gently Assertive Re: What You Want

    Preach! You are right. I was gently assertive thinking that someone as refined and sensitive as food-friend would respect. Nope. It's her identity.
  11. babette12

    Visitors: Be Gently Assertive Re: What You Want

    Rant. Forewarned is forearmed. I had a visit from 2 of my very dearest friends today. They were to arrive at around 2 pm so I assumed no lunch. I also told each one NO LUNCH. I told them each that all I was really up for was hanging around my nest and having a visit. Well one of my friends is...
  12. babette12

    Question fo Post-Ops re: Showering

    I gave my bath transfer bench a test drive last night. How in the world can one keep a straight knee while sitting on a shower chair? Are you able to bend your surgery knee enough to get it into the tub?Does the heavy duty plastic wrap really keep the dressing dry? I'm short so I had to sit up...
  13. babette12

    Becoming real!!

    I had my knee school yesterday --- I wonder if we were at the same session!
  14. babette12

    Second thoughts?

    I'll tell you what I did to deal with the overthinking and anxiety. I realized that once I have this knee, and possibly the other, done, I could SKI again. Then I found an utterly wonderful women's ski website/forum/blog and *that's* where I've been spending my time, making new friends and plans...
  15. babette12

    Disappointed

    My surgery was originally scheduled for June. I received a call from the practice saying that my OS had had an emergency and that the office didn't know when he'd be back! His scheduler's life must have been hell: she had to juggle all these upset, in pain, frustrated people. Turns out he'd had...
Back
Top Bottom