Recent content by B3nzaah

  1. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    HI Cricket, thanks for thinking of me. This forum has been a great help with my anxiety prior to the operation and post with the guides, information and the forum members support. All I can say is thank god ive had this operation as god only knows what’s going to happen with the worlds health...
  2. B3nzaah

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    13 days post op. I had the dressing removed and a waterproof gauze applied which feels weird. Bit of freezer burn from too many cold packs :(
  3. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    It must be the pain killers as it feels so good to be alive right now. Drive home was fine. I’ve settled in and my partner is fussing over me. According to her I’ve been trying to do too much already so she‘s set about 30 alarms on my phone to let me know when My meds are due, when I can get up...
  4. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    Thanks and I can’t wait to be home in my own bed! I’ve had almost continuous ice packs and heat packs while here. The drive home is only 20 minutes so shouldn’t be too bad. I had a terrible night though. Probably got a little ahead of myself and should have taken a bigger dose of oxy before...
  5. B3nzaah

    THR Leg length after surgery

    So confirmation from my surgeon today that he found my operated leg to be approximately 15mm shorter than my other leg so chose the appropriate implant and made the leg approximately 10mm longer. Says it will take a few months longer for the muscles to adjust and grow. Looks like I’ll also need...
  6. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    All cleared to go home in the morning. The night shift nurse gave me a sleeping tablet to get me some rest tonight. Here’s the picture that’s been giving me strength in these dark days and also a picture of my babies to give you them nice feels. Who’s been cutting onions in here
  7. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    Absolutely flying today. Didn’t sleep to well but woke up fresh. Had a shower standing up and I’ve just had the physio appt. Going to tackle the steps with the nurses again later today and again in the morning with the physio then they are going to release me tomorrow morning. My pain scale is...
  8. B3nzaah

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    RTHR 26/2/2020 Dr Campbell used a minimally invasive posterior approach with a signature implant. So happy!
  9. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    thanks cricket. Got some good sleep last night and i feel much better today than yesterday even though there is a long way to go. Was much easier having a shower this morning. Just had the physio visit and she was very happy with my progress. Walked the whole hall way at the hospital and did...
  10. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    thanks slow life. I actually stood on the leg at the instruction from the nurse. I had my walking frame as back up she just asked me to put weight on the implant for 30 seconds. I just had my second walk for the day and managed to go out the room and back so maybe 20 meters so they were very...
  11. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    Spoke too soon I think. Got up and sat in the chair for a good couple of hours. Got back up to sit in bad and decided it was time to put all my weight on the implant and see how it went. Pain scale 7 for a while but settled down now
  12. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    Physio has been. So relieved that I had minimal pain when standing this morning. Feeling refreshed and ready to take on day 2. Almost time for a short walk.
  13. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    Day 1 update. Got up on my feet twice yesterday. 1st time to have a shower when the physio came. This was no problem as I had meds an hour prior and there was still residual spinal block in effect. But the second time wasn’t pretty. About 6pm I only took meds 1/2 hr before they got me up and it...
  14. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    I Couldn’t sleep at all last night. Ice has begun and the physio is here shortly to get me on my feet for the 1st time. Leg pumps are still going and they hav3 me in a heated blanket atm. So comfy! Pic of the wound attached and I’m so happy there is minimal swelling and the scar is much smaller...
  15. B3nzaah

    THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

    Thanks for the replied and likes. It’s 2am and I’ve just had my 1st lot of endone. Had to eat something to get it working. yes relieved that the operation is over. No ice atm as I have the leg pumps on but should get my first lot in the morning after the physio has been. now to try and get some...
Back
Top Bottom