Recent content by Aydabunch

  1. A

    TKR Second time

    Hello, 8 months since my RTKA. Doing well either biggest issue leg /knee still swelling at the end of the day or after a lot of activity. Love gardening and this is one of those activities. I retired in June so am able to rest if needed. Have found a great compression sleeve that helps prevent...
  2. A

    TKR Second time

    Well am 8 weeks now. Doing well, great ROM, still stiff and. Wearing a compression sleeve. This helps. Therapy almost done and feel about 65-70 of normal. Still not driving due to snow and ice issues and it was R. Knee. However, only issue is continued fatigue once or twice a day when I’ve done...
  3. A

    TKR Right TKR Four Month Update

    Hi. Your ROM is good. Extension docs like at 0 for full. I found mine got there at a little over a year. Your flexion is perfect. Everyone’s recovery is unique. My first was painful the first 6 weeks, my second a year and a half later is more stiff with some discomfort. Recovery is smoother...
  4. A

    TKR Second time

    Hi. Been plugging along. Am 4 weeks post now. Having done this before for L. Knee had a very good idea on what to expect this time. Feel bad for those with bad PT experiences as mine has been good. They constantly check to make sure you’re doing ok. I’m making better progress in ROM this time...
  5. A

    TKR Second time

    Was lying around, sitting around, trying to stay awake. How long does this brain exhaustion last. Seem to have forgotten this. Am very tired, like all the time. Physically making progress. Pain better, but so tired.
  6. A

    TKR Second time

    Did my R. TKA on 12/18. Been recovering at home though had an overnight stay due to a prolonged spinal response. Seems this time is better either way better pain control. First knees the Norco did nothing. This time pain med actually works some and am now down to 2-3 times in a day with...
  7. A

    TKR Post op 1.5 weeks

    Yes, I am 9 weeks tomorrow and feeling so much more normal. I have noticed that my knee tends to swell up when I do too much housework so I’m slowing myself down a little bit, but not a lot. Stairs have become much easier and I’m working on starting to kneel on soft surfaces really appreciate...
  8. A

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    Hi onestepatatime. Hope you are better today. You are only 4 weeks today. You should start to see small weekly improvements. One thing this blog helped me is the realization that this recovery takes time, the knees time, not yours. I did the same thing and overdid it about the same time you did...
  9. A

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    I’m almost 6 weeks post L.TKA. The first two weeks are a goofy, painful mess. My head was foggy and couldn’t sleep but short dozes. Pain med did not help me, just made me sleepy and have nightmares. Ice, NSAID, and elevating leg . Takes a while to find a tolerable position. Constant pain, worse...
  10. A

    TKR Post op 1.5 weeks

    For anyone struggling with PT, takes time. I finally was able to do bike backwards a week and a half ago. Then last Wednesday able to go forward. Needs a little warm up but quicker each session. Will be 6 weeks post L. TKA on Wed. See slow improvements weekly. Am still struggling with my ideas...
  11. A

    TKR Post op 1.5 weeks

    Thank you Layla! (I have a granddaughter, Laila). Great name. I am doing better. Still finding things that set me back a bit, but was able to make the recommit bike go full circle backwards last Friday and today after preliminary rocking of course. Able to tolerate being in car longer and...
  12. A

    TKR Released

    Wonderful!
  13. A

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Good morning, so sorry you’re having a rough time but know for most of this it’s normal. My surgery was May 8th. The exhaustion concerned me until I read the articles on this site addressing it. I finally stopped napping all the time about 3 weeks and now only about once a day. Still fatigue...
  14. A

    TKR TKR Failed

    Sounds like your TKA is loose. Can happen with weak quads and hamstring muscles,inflammation, and infection. Doc can order some blood work, specific for infection , Sed rate and CRP and order a bone scan. Can give you much more information
  15. A

    TKR Still on crutches 9 weeks after TKR

    Hi, hope you’re feeling a little better. Crutches are difficult to use properly and place a lot of stress on your shoulders and hands. The walker, if raised to proper height, is good to use post- op as it is easier on body as a whole. I am 4 weeks and using a cane mostly though not always in...
Back
Top Bottom