Recent content by Ava

  1. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    That’s for sure. Glad your doing well. Hugs
  2. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    @2Kittens
  3. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Thank you sooo much for thinking of me. I can’t believe it’s been 3 months. I’m doing pretty good. Still having good days and bad days but not as many days as before. Back is still acting up. I need to get that looked at after I heal some more. Might just need more time. My strength is starting...
  4. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. xxx
  5. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Thank you. My other hip being replaced in the future is pretty good. My OS said to wait because it doesn’t look that bad now. I also have arthritis in my lower back.
  6. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Hi All - Two months today. Unfortunately my back pain has come back full force. My back pain went away after surgery and I thought having the hip replaced did the trick. Different aches and pains here and there. Hope it gets better with time. I’m feeling like I did before surgery. Just taking...
  7. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Hi @2Kittens - yes I agree. The line is very blurred. Going to take some time. Seems we are on the same page with our recoveries. Keep in touch.
  8. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Hi All - Had my 6 week appointment with my OS. He said everything looks great and come back in a year. He was surprised I was using the cane and he recommended taking Tylenol 3 times a day along with the meloxicam once a day. I told him I over did it at Christmas and was flat out for over a...
  9. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Yes I will let you know. Today was the first day I woke with no pain. Took almost 2 weeks to get back to this place. Don’t want to do that again.
  10. A

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    I did the same. 4 large gel packs are perfect. I wrapped around my thigh throughout the day and night. Never had moisture on my clothes or bedding. I highly recommend. I found the ice machine was a lot more work and continuously needed ice.
  11. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Good luck to you also. This is quite the recovery.
  12. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Hi All - I’m just getting back to feeling better. By no means where I was at 3 1/2 weeks. I over did it during Christmas. I was feeling great with walking without assistance, no pain THEN WHAM!!! Over did it. Thought I was on my way to complete recovery WRONG!!! I spent the last 10 days icing...
  13. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Thank you for the support. I’m not pushing myself. I learned a lesson. I’m just icing, elevating and taking it easy. It’s hard because I feel I should be doing more. But I don’t want to go backwards again. I still am not where I was 10 days ago. I’m supposed to start Out patient PT tomorrow but...
  14. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    Thanks - I am afraid of over doing so I will do 3 10 min walks. My first floor is perfect it’s all open space. Appreciate your feedback.
  15. A

    THR Ava in recovery

    In the activity progression it’s recommended to walk 30 min a day. Is that all at once or throughout the day?
Back
Top Bottom