Recent content by audreys130

  1. audreys130

    Bilateral TKR Post op pain<

    Thanks again all. I am relieved to read that I am not the only one feeling this way. I am up in my chair right now but I am reclined and my legs are up - I wish I could get them to a higher elevation but the pillows fall off. It was almost a comedy of errors. My poor son would fix them and...
  2. audreys130

    Bilateral TKR Post op pain<

    Josephine - thanks for asking the pertinent questions and then reading my answers Re my pain meds - my new prescription is for 1-2 4 times a day so the dosage has dropped. Also last night between about 10:30pm and 8:30am I took a single dose of just 1 pill. Before that I was taking them every 4...
  3. audreys130

    Bilateral TKR Post op pain<

    1. pain levels: It is never 1 (I wish) but it hovers around 4 even when resting and when I have to get up from a seated position I would give it an 8 2. medications: I take 2 oxycodone hcl/acet A5/325 every 4 hours 3. swelling: My leg is at the moderate level 4. ROM: I haven't had this...
  4. audreys130

    Bilateral TKR Post op pain<

    Thank-you all for the great words of encouragement and for the sharing. I am feeling some improvement but it is slow. I am getting up and down a little easier but I still have to psych myself up for it. Oh how I long for the day when I don't have to think about every movement! After the years...
  5. audreys130

    Bilateral TKR Post op pain<

    I am a week post-surgery now and I have to admit it is still very painful. I didn't really manage to get out of bed and start moving on my own until Saturday evening. I think it was partially fear. The hardest part is the first part of putting the weight on the knees. I find once I am up I am...
  6. audreys130

    Having bilateral knee replacement

    Ok. Thanks. I will see if I can move it Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. audreys130

    Having bilateral knee replacement

    I am a week post-surgery now and I have to admit it is still very painful. I didn't really manage to get out of bed and start moving on my own until Saturday evening. I think it was partially fear. The hardest part is the first part of putting the weight on the knees. I find once I am up I am...
  8. audreys130

    Having bilateral knee replacement

    Unfortunately my surgery had to be postponed due to unforeseen circumstances at the hospital. I was 10 minutes from leaving to go - bag was packed and I was psyched and ready to start this new part of my life with new knees. I now have to wait - hopefully it will be done before the end of the...
  9. audreys130

    Having bilateral knee replacement

    I am 53 and I am having a bilateral knee replacement done this coming Friday, August 5. My family doctor told me right from the start that if I was given the option to have both done to go for it. When I saw the orthopaedic surgeon he gave me the option as both knees are equally bad and I went...
  10. audreys130

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    August 5 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom