Recent content by Ascotgirl

  1. A

    TKR My long, long recovery??

    I am a year post op on July 1st 2022. I had manipulation at 7 months post op. I to had the water sensation on my leg. Maybe you have a bakers cyst?? I was in despair at the length of my recovery and the very slow progress. If you can try and hang in there. I feel that I have made progress in the...
  2. A

    MUA Popliteal artery

    Thankyou for your helpful reply’s. I think a bakers cyst as I have the sensation of a wet calf occasionally when my leg is dry. It’s weird.
  3. A

    MUA Facing MUA

    Hi gorhop. I had MUA at 7 months post op. Believe me when I say I was terrified. However it was nowhere near as bad as I thought. I had sedation and left the hospital a few hours later. A little sore but managed with paracetamol. My stiffness is improved as is my flexation. I’m still stiff but...
  4. A

    MUA Popliteal artery

    Hi there. I’m 10 months post left knee TKR. I have a fluid lump at the back of the knee since after surgery. I had a manipulator in February 22 because of stiffness. I’m still stiff but not as much. However I’m experiencing cramp at night approx 3 times a night. This is in my calf and foot. I’m...
  5. A

    MUA Popliteal artery

    I thought my surgeon would do a couple of manipulations a week. In fact he does around one a year!! Didn’t fill me with confidence however. It’s done now and wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I thought. Fingers crossed it will work for me.
  6. A

    MUA Popliteal artery

    I’m now 7 months post op from left TKR. My range of motion was around 105 but I’m suffering from extreme stiffness when I walk or do day to day activities. So….yesterday I had manipulation under anaesthesia. This group has been so helpful to me that I felt I had to post my experience. To be...
  7. A

    MUA Popliteal artery

    I’m now 6 months post op on left tkr. The stiffness is awful and I’m in a lot of pain when walking. I can’t manage more than 10 minutes. I’m booked to have MUA on 31st December but have tested positive for covid. I will now have to wait 90 days for MUA. By then I will be 9 months post op. Does...
  8. A

    Knee Infection* Knee #2 Vent

    Thankyou. I will do that. I’ll keep you posted
  9. A

    Knee Infection* Knee #2 Vent

    Hi starsfan. I am in exactly the same boat as you. 14 weeks post op TKR on left knee. Still using a crutch. As soon as I do loosening exercises my knee goes real tight and I can’t do much. I cant walk for more than 5 minutes and now use a stool when I’m cooking. I cant help but wonder if...
  10. A

    MUA Popliteal artery

    Thankyou all of you. Thank goodness my consultant didn’t mention manipulation!! I realise I am behind lots of people with regards to recovery. Lots of people I have spoken with tell me they were back at work or driving or walking without crutches. It makes me feel that I’m in big trouble...
  11. A

    MUA Popliteal artery

    Thankyou. It feels like a hard slog. My consultant is happy so I’ll just keep going.
  12. A

    MUA Popliteal artery

    P.S. I’m 57 years old.
  13. A

    MUA Popliteal artery

    Hi there fellow knee friends. I had a TKR on July 1st. 12 weeks post op and I’m not sure if I’m ok. I’m not able to bend more than 90 degrees and am still using a crutch. All my muscles are very stiff and I have swelling on one side of my knee as well as behind it. I am stiff the whole time like...
Back
Top Bottom