Recent content by Ascorpiana

  1. A

    THR June 2018 postop and thoughts

    So the website BoneSmart.org works fine for reading posts and responding . The app however only lets me view . I’m also not sure how to find my own thread easily
  2. A

    THR June 2018 postop and thoughts

    Thank you! Helps to know I’m not alone. So being anxious you can’t sleep must be somewhat normal .
  3. A

    THR June 2018 postop and thoughts

    Trying to figure this site out. Seems I can only reply on the website but can view only on the app My original surgery was in 1973. It was a two part procedure as they removed bone from my femur to use as bone graft for the curve of the hip socket . Funny enough the technical procedural...
  4. A

    THR June 2018 postop and thoughts

    So I’m 17 days post-op. I seem to be doing well. Finding a comfortable place to sit to change it up is difficult and although I will go upstairs to visit with family but it gets me down I’ve been off all postop pain meds . Pain is more scar area and muscular based on activity. I’m really...
  5. A

    THR June 2018 postop and thoughts

    Hi June Sunbeams I had my surgery on June 20th and have now been home for a week. The surgery went great so I was told and my poor femur was pretty beaten up. The day of surgery “ day zero” we called it obviously a bit tender. My biggest hurdle that early eve and night was having to pee...
  6. A

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Yes my TLH is scheduled for June 20 I was born with a dislocated hip and had my first surgery which was a relatively new technique at the time called a Salter’s Osteotomy created by Dr Robert Salter a reknowned Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon from the Hospital For Sick Children’s in Toronto...
  7. A

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hello . I randomly found this forum over a month ago but didn’t receive my email confirmation— today I tried again , success. I was born with a left dislocated hip and had my first surgery in 1973. Which back then was a two staged procedure with several weeks in hospital and a body cast and...
Back
Top Bottom