Recent content by Arty_Pantz

  1. Arty_Pantz

    RTKR on Oct.23

    It's just a little over 2 weeks away and I have to admit, I'm scared. I've seen so many people in other groups that are a year or more out and say they are still in pain every day and that they regret having it done that it's made me have second thoughts, even though I know I need to do this...
  2. Arty_Pantz

    RTKR on Oct.23

    @Roy Gardiner I don't think anyone in my area does the bilateral, at least none that I know of. I've seen two OS, and neither would do it. The first one I saw suggested a year or more wait between the two. I completely agree about a new knee having to feel better than the pain I've been in for...
  3. Arty_Pantz

    RTKR on Oct.23

    Thank you for your reply, I guess I am just worried because he made a point of saying it's rather large and right on the inside, although he did mention another one behind the knee as well. That's what my daughter said and mentioned the fact that my knees have never been normal, so it may be...
  4. Arty_Pantz

    RTKR on Oct.23

    Hi all! I'm scheduled for right TKR on October 23. I'm 51 but was born with knee issues and had surgery when I was 6 due to them turning in. My right knee has never been right. I've always had some pain in it that has just increased with age. I saw an ortho surgeon several years ago and all he...
  5. Arty_Pantz

    2018 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Hi all! After suffering for many years, I am finally scheduled for RTKR on October 23. My doctor thinks I'm too young (51) but at this point I am bone and bone with a large bone spur, and can no longer straighten my leg, so it's time. I'm pretty scared but happy to have found this forum.
Back
Top Bottom