Recent content by Arjay

  1. A

    TKR Arjay’s TKR Recovery

    Well - almost 3 years later and (in my best Jack Nicholson impersonation:) I'm baaack. With the 'other' knee - my right one, scheduled for replacement next month, 11/4. I was kind if sailing forth and didn't realize how much I've forgotten about the first go-round. Then I just re-read this...
  2. A

    Bilateral THR Supersub’s recovery

    Yes, that is an outstanding line/perspective to take! I kinda think every one of us 'veterans' is guilty of trying to hurry things along, pushing it and then…paying the price. It is so easy, as you get a couple weeks along, to have a good day and think - hurrah! I am healed! Only to discover by...
  3. A

    THR Bruised feeling - Left THR 4 years post op

    Thanks for handling the merge. Not a techie, i'm easily kerfuffled☺️
  4. A

    Bilateral THR Supersub’s recovery

    I don't know if you've said whether you have had any previous surgery, but I wanted to chime in to say - get used to that fatigue! It does hang around (in my experience) and can get downright depressing especially as you start feeling healed in the hip but are still……so darned wiped out. You...
  5. A

    THR Bruised feeling - Left THR 4 years post op

    OK..not even sure this is worth posting about, but I'm just curious as to a 'why.' Left hip replacement in December 2019, so more than 4 years ago. Decent recovery except for a glitch or two I've written about here in other threads. But never any pain in the hip itself once I was recovered...
  6. A

    TKR katty’s recovery

    I'm back in looking around for the first time in quite a while. I didn't even know what kind of a 'block' might have been done on my second hip (7/20), but I do know I felt like SUPERGIRL! At about Day 10, I guess things wore off and I was like - Oh! Damn! I had surgery! With my left knee...
  7. A

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    I recently got my ADHD evaluation, after putting up with it since childhood - many decades! I didnt read through all your past pages of entries, so I don't know if it is something you've touched on previously. Will just say - I am so SO glad I finally did something about it. Life changing…in...
  8. A

    TKR Eight Days and...

    Oh, honey! If I'm doing the math right...you are nine days out from your surgery? Nine?! I hope you can find a way to give yourself a break - it's not like angsting and being impatient is getting you anywhere, right? I do not want to sound like a scold, but I urge you to be grateful that you...
  9. A

    TKR Got the new knee at last

    Note to self: why it's good to track recovery/symptoms. Itching - yes, I'm pretty sure that was a bear. It's been a little,over 3 months for me, but I recall trying lots of different lotions. And I def recall being surprised at the places that were very tender or outright sore that had no...
  10. A

    TKR 2nd TKR coming up on 1 year

    Smcsmc….Your recent surgery was about two weeks ahead of me, same knee. I think one thing that's really smart that you are doing is really paying attention to your recovery (especially being able to note against the first one). It helps to pay attention to the small achievements, to realize you...
  11. A

    TKR Two days forward, one day backwards

    This is very subjective opinion, but reading through your posts from the beginning…it just feels like you've been 'pushing' yourself and your knee partner/knee pretty hard - as soon as you could, as much as you could. I'm a big believer in 'putting off to tomorrow what might not be good for you...
  12. A

    TKR Arjay’s TKR Recovery

    @zauberflöte I'm curious re your comment about 'poor self-care' post-delivery resulting in incontinence on Lady 1's thread??
  13. A

    THR Winchester Lady’s January 2023 THR

    I found the hook end of my cane to be a great aid in moving the leg into bed, or any other time it needed 'an assist.' My 2d THR, the leg was very 'vocal'. - (oh no wait - I guess that was me!) - about getting into bed or squinching myself into the car. For the first week, 8 days or so, it did...
  14. A

    THR My thigh muscle is too weak

    That has to be so worrisome and frustrating. But having just finished reading a thread here about someone whose post-hip issue turned out to be spinal (after a very long period of sleuthing), it does make one wonder….. I have a thread somewhere here, from more than a year ago, of a very painful...
  15. A

    THR 14 weeks later, UGH!!!

    Congratulations. Sure hope you finally have a good diagnosis and a good 'fix!' But please - - take it easy on your 'strengthening' and returning to 'normal routine'! That 'superman'…or 'girl' …gene that many of us seem to have isn't always our friend. What is it we're trying to prove? And to...
Back
Top Bottom