Recent content by Arielyn

  1. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    ^ She really is my little nurse.
  2. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    Thanks so much to all who took the time to respond to my “feeling sorry for myself” post. I can’t believe I did it, but....I cancelled my PT appointment!!! on one hand, I feel majorly guilty, and I know that my OS is going to have a go at me for it at my appointment. on the other hand, I feel...
  3. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    Very, very difficult day, and it’s only 9:50 am! Last night, for whatever reason, my leg was aching so badly that I just couldn’t sleep. I read most of the evening and well into this morning, alternating ice and heat every hour. When my husband got up at 7:00 am to get ready for work, he...
  4. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    Immediately after reading your post, I called my sister and asked her to clear her calendar on the 26th so she can go to this appointment with me. She is extremely outspoken, was over the top angry when I told her what had happened, and begged me not to let them touch me again to do the MUA...
  5. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    It’s a very small practice, with two surgeons, including mine, though the other one is retired. My OS and his PA are very close it seems, and I’m not sure i would be comfortable. I do intent, however, to write a very long letter once I find another practice. I just wish I had the courage to...
  6. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    We are in the US, in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, about 25 miles south of Pittsburgh (home of American football team the PITTSBURGH STEELERS!). Somehow Bovril and bananas just doesn’t instill any great enthusiasm...lol. Just the smell from the jar turns me off, I’m sorry to say! Michael says he...
  7. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    I so wish you were closer, as I’d recruit you to come with me to my appointment the day after Christmas! You sound so strong. If being here and participating in the conversation will help me toward that end, count me in. I wonder if it’s ok to “interview” a surgeon when choosing who will do...
  8. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am so jealous of your ability to take total control with such confidence. It’s strange, really, because in every other aspect of my life I am intense, in control and have that confidence. With my medical care, however, I often feel like a sheep being...
  9. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    It was worse than a PT, it was the physician assistant. I was gutted. My husband was in the room as well, and he and I had quite a row afterward. I was angry that he hadn’t jumped up and said something, but he insisted he was so shocked that by the time he realized what was happening, it was...
  10. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    @Jamie I do have a GP, but I hadn’t considered working with him for pain management. Here is my schedule! 7 am - MS Contin 30 mg and one 10 mg oxy 3 pm - one 10 mg oxy 7 pm - MS Contin 30 mg 11 pm - one 10 mg oxy; one 600 mg Gabapentin; 150 mg. Sertraline I occasionally need to also add...
  11. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    @Jamie I hope that tag is correct! I have been with pain management for over a year for debilitating arthritis in my knees and hips and for two bulging disks in my lower spine. I tell you that so you understand my baseline. Also, please note that even with my baseline meds, I was teaching a...
  12. A

    MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

    I’m new here, but I wanted to say hi and let you know that I read your entire story. You have had quite a journey! I hope that your scan provides some answers that will lead to a treatment that will finally have you in the road to a full and total recovery. I will be watching for updates and...
  13. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    Can I tell you that I am lying here, in excruciating pain from the removal of the On-Q, as well as the after effects of three straight days of intensive PT following MUA, and sobbing after reading your encouraging words. Since my RTKR in October, I’ve felt like a complete failure. I’m pushing...
  14. A

    MUA On the other (dark) side and struggling!

    No word of a lie. My sister brought a little ghost to the hospital for my room door. He was holding a sign that said “BOO!”. When I left and took him down, I noticed someone had changed the exclamation point to a ”B”. Clearly my drug-induced escapades were not kept under wraps.
  15. A

    Welcome to the November Nimbles' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    I’m new, but I’d love to be added! My surgery was 10/29; MUA 12/18!
Back
Top Bottom