Recent content by april26

  1. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Nothing much different at all. I am a stone heavier though but then I was 3 months ago with no problems? Just feels SO different not in a good way, almost like a burning around the top of the scar but the scar hasn’t caused anything I would call discomfort AT ALL until this
  2. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Hi again .Last problem sorted just about. Tingly feelings still there but v very slowly improving. Have from out of the blue started having severe aches around the scar/glutes area. Almost feels as if it's swollen sometimes. I'm an optimistic person and was wondering whether this was muscle...
  3. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Hello again all my fellow the buddies. 6 months post op now and have a lot more range of movement... Can even cut my toenails now! Had an ingrown toenail removed 4 weeks ago, having biomechanical assessment for orthotics once it has healed completely and hoping this might help this continuing...
  4. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Returning to posts. Both my legs are getting worse. Feels like they’re just not right. My non operated leg’s ankle gets a bit swollen even.
  5. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    12 weeks post op and really getting worried about strange feelings in BOTH legs. Not pain but like my legs won’t hold me up properly sometimes. Other times it’s more a feeling of extreme aches...again, not pain though. Sleep on both sides now but sounds silly. My waist hurts in the morning on...
  6. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Thanks everyone. You’ve confirmed my advice to myself about returning to convalescing. Said to my partner this morning it’s silly to have gone through all this only to spoil it and maybe even cancel out the benefits by rushing things. I’ve spent today so far thinking consciously about all my...
  7. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Haven’t been on for quite a while. 9 weeks post THR now and feel the need to get back in touch with everyone again. Those first days and weeks seem so far away but I need to remind myself how big an op this was. I’ve plateaued now. Between 4 and 6 weeks...can’t believe the changes. Still knew...
  8. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Sleep or lack of it is my biggest barrier to recovery at the moment. I'm wondering about buying the slumber pillow as I'm in the uk and its next day delivery? Anyone got any thoughts. My worry is breaking hip precautions accidentally. My operation was at the Royal Orthopaedic hospital in...
  9. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Stitches out tomorrow so that should feel different again.
  10. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Thanks for reply. I'll bear in mind avoiding multi threads. Working on education and training I always need a 'heading ' so posted under a new thread.
  11. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    How do you reply quickly and direct to someone's comment (zauberflote)Had a general. Operation 1.5 hrs Josephine...I'll answer yours tomorrow though I think lots may have already been answered on my 'OVERCONFIDENT' thread just posted.
  12. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Today is double sided re mobility Plus side - I'm getting about well around the house. Stairs are managed easily Can transfer from place to place more comfortably-e.g. Crutches to bathroom, wiggle perching stool into place, Am managing to use claw to sort all kinds of things-e.g. Picking up...
  13. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    I woke with a moderate headache yesterday then with a worse one today. I'm wondering if it's tension related...you know, the reality sets in. This time last week I was being prepped for the op, now it's over, nothing is worse than I thought it would be (apart from the nausea and fainting...
  14. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Thanks everyone. Yes Josephine I'm happy for you to ask more questions. So true about sleep. It was that embarrassing thing my mum used to tell people about me..."she sleeps herself well". Apart from the poorly managed incidents, the staff were amazing. When people ask how I'm doing, I think...
  15. A

    THR Recovery stage 2

    Finding it really hard to do anything like text or even read Facebook or other but yes, it's done. Lots to report but too tired now. This day 4 is the 5th day really (Wednesday THR) but I lost the day after totally because too much expected too soon caused blood pressure to drop, settle...
Back
Top Bottom