I've been using an old fashioned ice ice bag, although I tried putting ice into large freezer bags today thinking that might work better. It worked good until the bag started leaking. I have a nice wet spot on my bed now. Fortunately it's not on my normal side I sleep on. I ordered a couple of...
Thank you for the advise about PT. My surgeon wanted me to begin the same week as my surgery, which I always felt was way too soon. I don't want to rush into it yet and I'm going to cancel my appointments next week and hold off scheduling any for a few more weeks. I'm really struggling with pain...
Once I get the pain under control, I'll begin my physical therapy. I have two appointments set up for next week. I love the location - it's less than one mile from my home. My husband will drive me and he enjoys sitting and watching me. They will have exercises they'll expect me to do at home...
Josephine,
Thank you for the information on my pain meds. I am definitely going to ask for something stronger tomorrow. I haven't experienced any nausea or stomach issues so far, so maybe I can tolerate something a bit stronger.
I cancelled my first visit with the PT today knowing I couldn't...
I am icing and elevating several times a day. I hardly had any swelling until about 3 days ago. Now my knee and ankle are quite swollen. Last night was the worst night I've experienced for pain. My leg, especially the calf and behind the knee were in terrible pain and also felt like someone was...
I had my left knee replacement one week ago. I was in the hospital for 2 nights, coming home Wednesday afternoon. The only problem I experienced in the hospital was nearly fainting on the 2nd night so I ended up on oxygen and had a few extra IV's before they would let me go home. My blood...
Yes, I followed the BoneSmart mantras with my first knee surgery. I only took 6 weeks off work but felt like I should have taken longer. Sitting in front of a computer all day was hard on me. This time around it should be easier since I'm retired. My husband is also retired and is prepared to...
I had my right knee replaced in September 2015 and was hoping to get the left knee fixed shortly thereafter, but it took longer than I anticipated to heal. I was still working full-time in 2015 and didn't take as much time off work as I would have liked. I got used to not working when I was on...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.