Recent content by AntJ

  1. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Thanks @myglasshalffull and @Deni444. My physio assured me that there is no cause for concern, and that's the main thing. The external rotator muscles are very weak, likely, he believes, due to the length of time - 6 months - since the first surgery, so he gave me some new exercises. My wife...
  2. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Hi everyone, I hope you're all going well. Here's a quick update... Strength seems okay, RoM still seems on track, but I've developed mild discomfort due to an increase in stiffness over the last week. Trying to think what I might have been doing to cause it... crouching down while operating a...
  3. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Hi Layla. I just logged on to give an update and saw your message! Just passed the 8 week mark and still going well. Last Tuesday, the physio cleared me to ride my bike and, each day since, I've done a 20 minute ride around the river near us. After 5 long months, I cannot describe how happy...
  4. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Hi Layla, Funny, I was just thinking about an update yesterday, but I thought I'd wait a week until my next x-ray. Not a lot to report. I've been doing my exercises, including walking, diligently. RoM has increased dramatically and muscle strength is returning. Glutes are actually responding...
  5. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Yes, but I’m going to be so cautious. I don’t want to risk anything going wrong again!
  6. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Had surgery yesterday. All seems to have gone well. My surgeon used a Trinity Plus cup this time, as it promotes better osseointergration. Been up and about but have to be careful with only 50% weight bearing on the operated leg.
  7. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Thanks Layla, Feb 11 is correct. And also thanks for the offer to join the Insiders Club, but I’ll pass this time.
  8. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Thanks lv_pupluver. Unfortunately, the scans and x-rays show the gap between the cup and the bone and the degree to which it has widened over the last month or so. I wish it was as simple as that, though!
  9. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    I had a CT scan yesterday and met with my surgeon today. He advised that my cup is loose. It started off well, but due to arthritic bone, it didn’t ultimately take. In for revision surgery this Tuesday. At least I know the drill.
  10. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    I know that it’s been just under a week since seeing my surgeon, and also the new physio, but I wanted to post where I’m at. I now have quite sharp, intense pain at the top of my left buttock. Sort of where the cheek meets the lower back. It has become worse and each step I take is very...
  11. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Yes, it's good to have a diagnosis so that I know what I specifically need to work on. I have been recommended a good physio, who specialises in this area. Time to set up a plan!
  12. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    I just got back from seeing my surgeon. As expected, there is no problem with the implant. In his words, my glutes have ‘shutdown’. At least I know what I need to do.
  13. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    It’ll be 13 weeks this Monday. My pain is worse, particularly in the lower back. I get sharp, painful twinges when sitting down, getting into bed or into the car. The joint feels stiffer than it did a few weeks ago. I’m still using a stick. I know recovery times differ from person to person...
  14. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    Thanks @benne68. I’m on holiday with family and friends and, on reflection, realised that I probably way over did it yesterday. It went to the lagoon, where the tide was running in, and walked against the incoming water. The sandy bottom was uneven and unstable. It felt like a good challenge and...
  15. A

    Revision THR AJ’s LHS THR

    I’m getting so down about how my progress seems to have ground to a halt. My surgery was eleven weeks ago and I still can’t walk unaided. I have pain and stiffness through my thigh and knee and glutes. At nearly three months, having gone into this fit and healthy, having done weeks of prehab...
Back
Top Bottom