To give you hope, I’m at 11 weeks post op Rt tkr and want to tell you that I’m feeling much better. I’m sleeping on my side again and getting seven hours sleep, I’m down to almost no pain at all, I only take Advils once in a while. I’m so happy I had the surgery done and that it’s behind me and...
I should have known better. I’ve been through this before but the thing is that it wasn’t hurting as I was doing the squats so I figured it would be ok. Live and learn.
You figure the physical therapist should know what’s best but they should consider also my age. I’m 77 but fit. I’m so afraid now to do the squats. I go back on Monday and i’m considering stopping the PT and just do exercises and walking on my own. Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.
Thank you so much. I’m so sorry but I couldn’t figure how to find my thread and also where to post a new post. I won’t do squats yet. I think it must be the squats because both knees are sore. Thanks so much for your advice.
I’m eight weeks post tKR. I went to PT Monday and did 20 mini squats for the first time. Now both knees are so terribly sore. I also stopped 200mg daily Celebrdx Monday. I don’t know if the soreness is from stopping the medication or the mini squats, but I am miserable. I’m thinking of stopping...
I am six weeks post up and I also have been suffering from restless legs every night. So I had a brainstorm one night I have a small tens unit. I use the tens unit on my legs and it does the trick it’s great.
I’ll try the pillow stack tonight. This afternoon I tried sleeping on my side in bed with a pillow between my legs. It felt like heaven to sleep on my side again and my back stopped hurting but after about 20 minutes my knee and leg started aching and woke me up. I guess it’s still soon to...
I’m having ankle and foot pain, the sides of my ankle. Actually I started having that a few weeks before my surgery when my knee got really bad. I’m assuming it had to do with my abnormal gait. It’s just one thing after another. And also I’m having back pain and the only way I can sleep...
Ok that sounds like good advice. I have to wait to take Advil because I am still on aspirin for blood thinning but next week I will be off aspirin. I will take your advice because it sounds like a very good idea. Also I will remember what you said about the physical therapy. Thank you so much.
So now I’m three weeks post tkr. I have only been taking hydrocodone one half of a 5 mg pill about three times a day. I can’t take more because it can make me dizzy and nauseous. They sent me home from the hospital with 36 pills three weeks ago. I have four pills left so I called my doctors...
So, I had a TKR my right knee about 2-1/2 years ago. Before my TKR on my left
Knee which was done May 29 this year I was in pain every day with walking and I was limping somewhat but I was noticing that my right knee that was already replaced wa feeling weaker. Now after the surgery I’m...
And yes that’s exactly the wedge they gave me. They had me do it in the hospital one day after surgery for 15 min and I wanted to cry. Isn’t it enough to go through the surgery then get tortured right after it when you are already in pain? ugh
Thanks so much for your advice. I just couldn’t see giving myself much more pain than I already have. I’ve been doing the exercises PT gives me and I get up and walk every 1-2 hours. I’m icing, elevating, etc. Your advice makes so much more sense. Thank you.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.