Recent content by AnnieBee

  1. A

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    Thank you Hip4Life for the advice on preparing my left (unoperated) arm for the recovery process of my dominant right side. I definitely need to start feeding myself, brushing my teeth (with my electric toothbrush) and other tasks with my left arm and hand. Unfortunately, my left shoulder is...
  2. A

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    Great advice! Our recliner is basically used by my hubby while I prefer stretching out on the couch, so your detailed instructions to sleeping on the couch are very helpful. Plus, I already have a wedge pillow, so my “nest” on the couch will be ready for me when I recover at the end of...
  3. A

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    Thank you Hip4Life and Jamie! ❤️❤️ I absolutely do feel so much better having a new OS. Your words of encouragement and your own personal experiences have boosted my resolve to get this surgery done. I am blessed to have you cheering me on to October! :loveshwr: Best regards! Annie
  4. A

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    Hello all! I had my 2nd opinion appointment. It went much better than expected. Tucson Orthopedic Institute was ready (and on time) for me and my supportive hubby. I was promptly taken to x-ray for three images of my right shoulder and then directed to an exam room to wait for the OS. We...
  5. A

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    Thank you Jayhawk for your advice! I will add the question to my list, of how many shoulder replacements the OS does annually. I am curious what her answer will be.
  6. A

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    Thank you Hip4life! Your words of wisdom are very helpful! I am a big list maker and I will have a copy of the list to give to the doctor and or the NP at my appointment on Wednesday. In this way, we can go down my list of questions together. My hubby will also be at this meeting with me. He...
  7. A

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    Thank you for the advice. It really helps! Meanwhile, having read the experiences of the 4 to 6 week recovery and knowing that I will need to take it easy…I’m tackling closet purging and pantry sorting now, so I will have no choice but to rest and recover. :)
  8. A

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    Hi Jockette! Thanks for asking. I am trying to schedule a second opinion with a surgeon that an acquaintance recommended. My friend is very pleased with her recovery from her reverse shoulder replacement and can’t say enough good things about the surgeon. So…I am trying to schedule an...
  9. A

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    Hello! I have been searching Bonesmart for information about shoulder replacement. The steroid shots have stopped working and my orthopedic surgeon has been suggesting that it is finally time to bite the bullet and get a TSR on my right shoulder and then eventually on the left. I have an...
Back
Top Bottom