Recent content by annie57

  1. annie57

    THR Dislocation after 2 months post-op

    Hey ya'll!! Don't have a pic of me working, moving a couple of 20' raised beds and their horsey manure (composted) soil but got this on tomato cage making day at Ag Extension Agency last week. I'm the one in the camos with electric reciprocating. I followed exactly what docs said. Exactly. As I...
  2. annie57

    THR Dislocation after 2 months post-op

    I’ve not been “loyal” to this group—recovery itself for me is all-encompassing. Also, had RTHR in 2017 with somewhat attentive life-partner who was also an athlete so she sort of knew when to say, “No! Don’t DO that! Let me get that.” This year, I was on my own for LTHR. Had to negotiate stairs...
  3. annie57

    THR Dislocation after 2 months post-op

    So so sorry for the delay, y'all. Issue in family with my 89 year old aunt and I overdid it, but no dislocation--JUST SORE--first weekend after replacement since it felt so good. Staples out today. X-rays look great. PT is letting me be my expert but my doc says to be cautious but watched me...
  4. annie57

    THR Dislocation after 2 months post-op

    So so sorry for the delay, y'all. Issue in family with my 89 year old aunt and I overdid it, but no dislocation--JUST SORE--first weekend after replacement since it felt so good. Staples out today. X-rays look great. PT is letting me be my expert but my doc says to be cautious but watched me...
  5. annie57

    THR Dislocation after 2 months post-op

    Okay, 6:30 am, slept from 10:30 to 3, zippping out of bed with a nurse to bathroom and walker. Got some coffee. It was weak, black but divine. Coffee make me “go #2” about an hour ago. Ready to rock and roll these steps, make sure blood work is no infection, hope my doc comes around early this...
  6. annie57

    THR Dislocation after 2 months post-op

    Have walked the hall. Had sinus infection or have; they’re treating that but my surgeon felt it was safe to go ahead and do it. Because it was unsafe for me to keep my hip is it was! How are you all? My sleeping breathing dropped to 90 but other than that. Am having breathing treatments along...
  7. annie57

    Annie’s TLH Tuesday, Nov 27 STAIRS?

    @Layla INCREDIBLE and timely. Diane Keaton is singularly the most underrated comic actor of our time! I mean her “acting” outrage-play is consistent from SLEEPER to CRIMES of the HEART to this. Love love this scene! Thanks! And thank you for the above: I’ve never given two cents what this...
  8. annie57

    Annie’s TLH Tuesday, Nov 27 STAIRS?

    Yep, I was trying to "stay alive" in that craziness. As uh, Roger Miller once "said," "Ya can't roller skate in a buffalo herd." I'm more likely counting on y'all as, look man: in the Southern belted by bibles arena, big lesbo breakups and moving BACK in with Ma and Pa Southern Baptists at this...
  9. annie57

    Annie’s TLH Tuesday, Nov 27 STAIRS?

    Ya think? They're my younger brothers so anything to scare me. Also, I did better with the last hip than one did with two hips. I DID NOT DREAM of "goading" because 1. It's not a competition and 2. Karma's a witch. But that doesn't mean this surgery and recovery will be as great as the last...
  10. annie57

    Annie’s TLH Tuesday, Nov 27 STAIRS?

    Yes, indeed Will do Possibly but they're dubious--they mostly are a next stop to Hospice, locally. When they DO get people who might live they kill them with PT to warrant their existence. So I've been cautioned, even by docs.
  11. annie57

    Annie’s TLH Tuesday, Nov 27 STAIRS?

    Hey y’all! Last year I had THR and a loving partner for a few days prior, two weeks afterward. We owned a wonderful house, old remodeled farmhouse with master on 1st floor, full bath, walk-in. I did really well! She was with me 100 percent Until she wasn’t. Some people ask why some people stay...
  12. annie57

    THR Annie57 got a new hip

    Have image of hip but refuse to mess with photobucket or any other today. They took off Aquacel bandage, took out around 25 staples; I have a screw behind or in ball, big "rebar" in femur, lol. The we went to get scripts filled, and then, to home health store where got better grip/bottom for...
  13. annie57

    THR Annie57 got a new hip

    @MammaT Bandage is obnoxious. Started to shrink too. Ugh. (Not stink but shrink. If it was stinkin' I'd been long gone to doc.) Guess that's a good thing! Am surely grateful for today's technology that allows us to have colloidal Aquacel--heck for that matter, decent joint replacement surgery! I...
  14. annie57

    THR Annie57 got a new hip

    @Layla—yes! The green in the cold! I’ve been growing under growlights, tiered on 3 shelf units with 4 shelves each—each unit would hold 4 trays or 128 seedlings per shelf. Under T8 lights—that gets tight. Too little space. I grow a LOT of ultrahot peppers, chilis, whatever, and after being...
  15. annie57

    THR Annie57 got a new hip

    Thanks folks! I didn't say "tying shoes"--no no no. I wish, but am walking without walker (without cane) rutroh but with partner overseeing, making sure am using glutes, core muscles; doing some bridges that I feel help, some quad stretches that I feel help. Am sore today but today is an "off"...
Back
Top Bottom