Recent content by AnneR

  1. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    hi, well i have had quite a year! I had my surgery on oct 17. my femur didn't break during surgery like my doctor thought it might. The recuperation went well, slow because of bone grafting but i seemed to be on track. my doctor did continue to tell me that my femur was thin. i continued...
  2. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    TeeEm tell me a little more about your femur break. Was it very painful? did you wear a brace? anything else that would be helpful Thanks,
  3. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    Thanks, I appreciate all the support. I hope all goes well, I went to Boston last Wed to talk to the doc and came home more scared and upset. he was not reassuring at all!!! No bedside manner. My husband wanted to find another doc. But my doctor keeps telling me how "thin" and "weak" my...
  4. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    ok, just found my thread for posting. I also posted it in post op, because I was looking for someone who already had it done and had experience with a broken femur. I have not found anyone. So I guess I will be the first to post on here. My surgery is Oct 17, and my pre-op visit is Oct 2. I...
  5. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    thanks so much i do appreciate it!! 26 days to go:happydance:
  6. A

    2013 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    i know, I do trust them, it is just very scary. hopefully it will all go well. I still have 26 days until surgery :what: i need to hang in until then!!!
  7. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    i know, I do trust them, it is just very scary. hopefully it will all go well. I still have 26 days until surgery :what: i need to hang in until then!!!
  8. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    Hi all, thanks again. I know all revisions do not break femurs. As I said above, I have had 2 revisions already with no problem with my femur. But now I am in a different situation. My doctor is pretty certain that it is going to break and I will need a rod to be inserted for support. I am very...
  9. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    you know Josephine, I came here for support and I feel like all you do is criticize me. That I do not know what I am talking about. I feel worse after visiting this sight. At first I let it go "think of exactly what he said" i'm sure he didn't say "I am going to break your femur" Well yes...
  10. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    No I do not have a fused hip. It just was done a long time ago and they used longer stems. the problem is my femur is very weak, and the doctor is certain it will break when he removes the stem. He is also concerned that I will break it just walking and has me on crutches until my surgery. I...
  11. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    Hi Josephine thanks for responding. I have already had my right hip replaced 3 times, 1 - 1976, 2- 1982, and 3 in 1997. So the last one is about 16 years old. The stem was not replaced in 1997 so that is over 30 years old. What the doctor said was that my cup is wearing and the fibers from...
  12. A

    AVN for 21 years

    I was 19 when I had my first thr. i had an accident so didn't have a choice. my first hip only lasted 6 years - but that was 1976-1982. my second hip lasted 15 years, and my third 16. I am now on the schedule for my 4th. The doctor says it should last 20 years. hopefully!!!! i will be 77...
  13. A

    Having revision THR Oct. 17--- femur may get broken

    I am going to have a total hip in October and it is a revision. The doctor said he is going to break my femur when he takes out the hip. Has any one had experience with this? I have no idea what to expect.
  14. A

    17 years old and getting a THR

    hi - I had my first total hip when I was 19. That was in 1976!! Total hips were very new at the time and my doctor said I was the youngest he ever did . (I just went to see him last January & he is 92!!!) In 1976 Total hips were very new. I had an accident and then a bone infection. My...
Back
Top Bottom