Recent content by annabella2

  1. A

    Bilateral TKR problem with swelling??

    hi, all- well, it's a been a year and the problem of swelling and stiffness persists. Any advice?? Josephine? anyone? I am so frustrated, and worried that this will be permanant!
  2. A

    Bilateral TKR problem with swelling??

    thanks for replying- at least I know I'm not the only one with this problem!
  3. A

    TKR MB's road to recovery - 7th month update

    Sorry they are giving you such a hard time! I found out after being pushed waaaay too hard by the in hospital rehab unit that my insurance company gives them a BONUS if they get you to a certain ROM and get you out of there quickly. So that may be what all that was about.
  4. A

    Bilateral TKR problem with swelling??

    hi, all- haven't been here in a while. I am now 8 months post BTKR. Here's my problem- my knees continue to feel stiff and swollen, especially if I am on them for more than a short period of time. I'm getting really frustrated- I was supposed to be nearly normal by now. Also going up and down...
  5. A

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    It sounds like you are doing pretty well! 120 is great, it is what you need for the leg to function normally. I think the heaviness feeling, the swelling, just take time. Hang in there. :)
  6. A

    Bilateral TKR oh, my rattlin' bones

    Thought I would report in- I am now 8 weeks post op. Only occasional Vicodin for pain, taking Aleve daily. Swelling is a constant problem. I don't mind reclining but the icing I don't care for...not sure how much difference it is really making. I find the biggest help is don't eat salt, which...
  7. A

    Bilateral TKR oh, my rattlin' bones

    after my Percocet adventure, I am very leery of pain meds. Actually, any kind of meds. A well intentioned doctor can kill you just about as quickly as heal you if you are not careful about double checking on meds, etc. However, my new Vicodin rx is ready, and I'm happy to keep taking them...
  8. A

    Bilateral TKR oh, my rattlin' bones

    Thanks, Stacy, you are right, the recliner helps. I'm willing to try pretty much anything to get some sleep. It's been an interesting week. I took ONE Percocet the other night, my first. I slept 8 hours straight, woke up with two concrete knees. My DH had to help me out of the bed. After...
  9. A

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    nothing much to add here, except thank ya'll for sharing your experiences. It's good to know I'm not the only one who is not sleeping more than 3 hours at a stretch- thought maybe I was just strange. Last night, slept till one, up till 7:30, and then slept again til 11. Am I the only one who...
  10. A

    Bilateral TKR I know this gets better, right?

    Twinsanity- I'm about two weeks ahead of you in this process, and it does get better. It feels like progress comes by millimeters, not inches. Could they put you in the leg-squeezy things they use after surgery to help the edema?? I think they used them on me for awhile right after surgery...
  11. A

    TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

    Brownie- I just joined the forum recently, and am catching up on some of the folks stories. All I can say is, bless your heart, sweetie. I am so sorry you have had to go through so much hell from so much incompetence. Reading your story made me want to get on a plane and go to LA to kick some...
  12. A

    PKR The Hiker's Knee Story

    ms. Cricklewood, is it possible that you have sleep apnea? It will cause weird dreams when you have an episode- and I could see where it would feel like drowning.
  13. A

    TKR so glad that is over !

    Butterfly beat me to it- It's going to be difficult for them to give you an operation if you don't show up for it. Remind yourself that you are driving this bus! Not the Dr.
  14. A

    Bilateral TKR oh, my rattlin' bones

    oh, sorry, did not see the one thread per recovery. There is SO much print here.... activity level: back and forth from bathroom to couch to kitchen. pain meds: stopping oxycodone today, Dr. gave me Percocet. Hope it works. Stopped oxycontin at night the other day. pain level- right now, a...
  15. A

    Bilateral TKR oh, my rattlin' bones

    thank you. The info on bone spurs may be right. I'm sure it will get better, I'm just concerned about falling before it gets better! interesting info on international dates, I did not know that. Makes me think of the metric system, which we were supposed to be on by 2000, LOL.
Back
Top Bottom