Recent content by anna46

  1. A

    TKR samsam

    Hi Samsam. I also experienced extreme itching. Found out it was caused by the blood thinner Xarelto. Nurse told me that most times it would subside after several days. It lasted about 10 days and gradually went away. Since I was on the blood thinner for 30 days, I was relieved when it...
  2. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    Went for 6 week post op appointment on the 21st. Joint is in place and my scar has healed. OS was very pleased with my progress. The trip was long and exhausting and being up and out caused my leg and foot to swell. I have also developed some pain behind my knee in the top of the calf. It...
  3. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    Just saw my PT for the last time. I am a little sad to think I will not have him on a regular basis, but, I do have his phone number! He reassured me that the warmth and redness is normal at this stage as the soft tissue is still healing. Also, he says that sometimes there are inner sutures...
  4. A

    Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

    I know you are a good Mom! But, I also know how difficult it is to carry on with everyday activities when there is so much pain and illness. I am certain your children know and understand your situation. Hopefully, you will begin to get better soon. Good luck! Sent from my iPhone using...
  5. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    I am now 5 weeks out and still doing well with PT. in fact, today is my last day of therapy and he is very satisfied with my progress. Rom was 125 last week. I have been a little concerned that the knee stays very warm. I still have very little pain, only some twinges ever so often and the...
  6. A

    Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

    Angel, hope you get some answers soon. I understand how frustrating and agonizing to have pain and not get any relief or a proper diagnosis. Keeping you in prayer for complete healing and no more pain. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. A

    TKR 2 New Knees and a Little Tweak

    Gigi, be careful not to overdo. I, too, take care of my Grandchildren during the school year and love doing so. That is why I scheduled my TKR as soon as school was out. However, I had the five year old and two year old granddaughters for a day at my 3 week TKR anniversary and it totally...
  8. A

    TKR 6-25-15 TKR op date

    I am 4 weeks and 3 days out with a TKR left leg and I drove for the first time just 3 days ago. I drive a GMC Yukon and the problem I have is getting out. I can get in easily using my right leg, but, getting out requires my full weight on the left leg stepping onto the running board. I have...
  9. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    Celle, thanks for that great article on energy drain. That makes much sense as to why our energy levels dwindle so quickly. It also explains that total exhausted feeling in the core area. I think, because I have done so well in all other areas, I keep expecting more strength and less...
  10. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for your support, Catsmum. I had to stop all pain meds other than extra strength Tylenol due to migraines. However, I am still taking Celebrex and A blood thinner. I know I get a little nervous when I begin to have pain since I have had so little pain throughout the TKR. My PT...
  11. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    Yesterday, I had to take my Mother to District Court for the probation of my Father's will as he died in January. The County Courthouse is over one hundred years old and even though it has been refurbished to it's original state and is now a Texas State historical building, it has a poor design...
  12. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for the encouragement. I play musical beds, sofas and chairs almost every night just trying to sleep. I am thankful for the four hours I am getting now and know it will increase as time goes by. My knee just gets so stiff and achy, it is difficult to move after a few hours of sleep...
  13. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for your post on sleep deprivation. While I am aware of some of these factors, it helps to be reminded. My PT keeps telling me this is a tough surgery and it takes a toll on the body as with any surgery and with time everything returns back to normal. Sent from my iPhone using...
  14. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    Thanks, Catsmum. It sounds as if you are also doing quite well. Good to hear you are making progress with your second surgery. It looks as if there is not a connection between types of anesthesia and insomnia, at least not in every case. The sleep thing or I should say the lack of is...
  15. A

    TKR Anna46's Recovery Thread

    I am 26 days out now and still making progress. My knee still gets stiff still, especially, when sleeping. I am experiencing some pain when I get up and down, but, still so little I do not even like to mention it. I am still icing at least once a day. Sleep is getting better, but, still wake...
Back
Top Bottom