Recent content by Ang8793

  1. Ang8793

    PKR Ang's new knee

    12 days post surgery -made dinner and cleaned up by myself tonight. Was ready for ice and elevation afterward. I've been doing things around the house here and there -feeling great overall. Very thankful for that! I seem to have restless legs when I try to sleep. Any suggestions?
  2. Ang8793

    TKR I am at day 16

    Chrism, so glad you are doing so well! I am 1 year post RTKR. I work in a transportation/dispatch office which is in no way a physical job. However, it is long hours and fast paced. At 7 weeks I felt pretty good - was mobile without any issues and didn't have any real pain to speak of. My...
  3. Ang8793

    PKR Ang's new knee

    @NanaBeach I think having a partial may have a lot to do with it. I assume it's less evasive. From what I understand my first knee replacement was handled like a revision (rods in my femur and tibia). There isn't a reason for the different surgeries (to my knowledge) -just different...
  4. Ang8793

    PKR Ang's new knee

    This time around is so much better. Last time I couldn't get myself in and out of bed. I also felt a lot weaker last time. I feel pretty positive this time!
  5. Ang8793

    PKR Ang's new knee

    My surgery was moved up a day at the last minute (8/23). I'm on day 2 post surgery (LPKR). Up until this morning its been a breeze. The nerve block as worn off and reality has set in. I make it a point to get up and walk every hour. I find that this actually helps with the pain. In between...
  6. Ang8793

    Anxiety is setting in...

    I can see your point on the brain fog...I saved up a season of Downton Abbey for that!
  7. Ang8793

    Anxiety is setting in...

    The surgeon's office called this morning - my surgery is being moved up to the 23rd and at a different location! :yikes: Oh well...one day closer to getting this behind me. I decided I'm going to attempt to crochet a blanket while I'm down for the count. Hopefully I'll have a new souvenir...
  8. Ang8793

    Anxiety is setting in...

    One week out - it's starting to make me a little anxious! I'm trying to decide what to do during my last weekend before being home bound for a little while. Anyone have any suggestions on some good books to ready during recovery?
  9. Ang8793

    shower/tub bench question

    I had RTKR August 2017 - and I had a shower seat/bench. I was thankful for it! I felt weak and a little queasy at first so it made me feel more stable. It was a big help with the first leg shaving too! :) :-) (:
  10. Ang8793

    Looking forward to better days

    I do have a question regarding my right knee (12 months post total replacement) - I still find stairs difficult. I am able to go up them, but it's very uncomfortable and difficult. I am wondering if my muscles still need built up? I am able to walk without a limp, I just find my leg weak.
  11. Ang8793

    Looking forward to better days

    Right total knee was done 8/28/17. I'm having a partial knee replacement done on my left 8/24/18. I appreciate the information!
  12. Ang8793

    Looking forward to better days

    Hi All - Left partial knee replacement scheduled for 8/24. Right total knee replacement done 12 months ago. Looking forward to when my knees aren't such a big focus!
Back
Top Bottom