Recent content by Andysdad

  1. A

    TKR Surgery complete but still in pain^

    Hi thank you all for your replies. It's easy to forget what your body goes through in a normal TKR without the added problems I incurred. I forgot to mention in my initial mail that I also had a sizeable haematoma post op, so looking back, it's obvious why I'm still in pain. Feet up, Sky Sports...
  2. A

    TKR Surgery complete but still in pain^

    Well, surgery all done now but not without its painful complications. I went in on the 24th Nov and had a LTKR. Thanks to all your advice I changed my mind at the last minute to have a spinal block and not the general I originally opted for, and I don't remember a thing apart from painless...
  3. A

    Surgery today

    Only a few hours to go now before my LTKR surgery,so thank you to all the people that have sent messages to me over the last few weeks, I have found them all very helpful and informative. Speak to you on Post Op pages soon !!! Dave Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. A

    Anaesthetic ?

    Hi, thank you all for your input, I spoke last week to a guy who had his knee replaced, with spinal sedation, and he said it's was one of the worst things he'd ever been through, as he woke up several times and eventually insisted on total sedation, I guess he was a bit unlucky as you all seem...
  5. A

    Anaesthetic ?

    With my TKR this coming Tuesday , today I had an appointment with the anaesthetist and he offered two types, Spinal and General, he said both were very effective but I opted for the general (having seen videos of Op) rather than stay awake and hear, see and feel the movement during the procedure...
  6. A

    Pre Op

    Pre Op done today, all seems ok, a little over weight !!! But apart from that all good for surgery this coming Tuesday . Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  7. A

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    Yes, I'm having a left TKR on 24th November in Banbury Oxfordshire UK. I will be glad to get it done now as had enough of the constant pain and discomfort. Pre Med on the 19th Nov. D :) Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  8. A

    TKR Surgery date

    Hi Josephine, I did look at his website and his reviews which were very impressive , however, due to the offer from the surgeon I saw on Wednesday offering the next available TKR I decided to go ahead with him. If I hadn't been offered this appointment then I would have of definitely made...
  9. A

    TKR Surgery date

    Hi Josephine, I went to see Mr Shafigian ,as scheduled last Wednesday. Following this consultation, and due to the current state of my knee and the increasing pain to an almost unbearable level, he offered me the next available appointment for the TKR at the Ramsey Centre at the Horton General...
  10. A

    TKR Surgery date

    Thank you Snowberry and Jaysey, Yep, pleased to get a date for operation, and I will follow November bonesmart threads . Good luck to all. D Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  11. A

    TKR Surgery date

    Good news, I had an appointment today with the orthopaedic surgeon and he will be carrying out my surgery on the 24th of November this year so only three weeks away !! Hopefully on the mend by Xmas :) Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  12. A

    Total knee replacement

    Hi,thank you for your input. I was seen by this consultant last year following a visit to my GP so I did not actually choose him. Can I choose a surgeon on the NHS ? or use a different nhs area?. If not who would be best in my area?. D Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. A

    Total knee replacement

    Hi Bonesmart followers. I have an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon, Mr Shafighan, this week to discus my forthcoming RTKR which is to be performed soon at the HGH in Banbury, Oxfordshire , and I just wondering if anyone has had a TKR recently at this hospital or in the Oxfordshire area ...
  14. A

    Total knee replacement

    Hi Oxfordshire !!!, Has anyone had a TKR recently in Oxfordshire and how's recovery going ?Got my RTKR coming up so would be great to hear from you, :) Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  15. A

    Total knee replacement

    Thanks for above reply. In anyone's opinion is he the best in the area or are there better ? Thanks again for all your help. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom