Recent content by amy8303

  1. amy8303

    Revision TKR Amy8303's LTKRevision Recovery<

    Thank you very much for your personalized advice. You provided very helpful guidelines that I will certainly consider.
  2. amy8303

    Revision TKR Amy8303's LTKRevision Recovery<

    1. pain levels Right now: 2; at night: up to 8 2. Hydromorphone 2mg: 1 tablet only at night if needed. Meloxicam 15 mg: 1 tablet daily 3. swelling: Between moderate and slight 4. Bend: 130 Flex: 0 5. icing: yes, in the afternoon/evening for about 30 min. 6. elevating: No 7. activity...
  3. amy8303

    Revision TKR Amy8303's LTKRevision Recovery<

    I have been feeling better, managing my pain, and making good ROM progress. Thanks to this site and its helpful participants! My question is: Is it normal to be completely numb from my incision down my entire shin? I am not sure if this is part of healing, or if a nerve has been severed. I...
  4. amy8303

    Revision TKR Amy8303's LTKRevision Recovery<

    Thank you all for your kind words and support. Today was a much better day. :) :-) (:
  5. amy8303

    Revision TKR Amy8303's LTKRevision Recovery<

    My surgery was on Feb 12. The lcl ligament ruptured, so it made the whole prosthetic loose and unstable. He had to remove the whole thing and put a new one in. He couldn't fix the ligament, so he just removed it too. I came home from the hospital on Thursday. It has only been a year since my...
  6. amy8303

    Tub seat?

    Yes, get a tub seat. You will not be able to lift your leg high enough to get into the shower from a standing position. The seat allows you to sit from the OUTSIDE of the tub, then swing each leg over the side of the tub until you are safely inside. It will also keep you safe from falls as well...
  7. amy8303

    Amy's getting a revision

    Thank you so much for these helpful articles and encouragement. I was so positive last year, before and after my TKR. This time, however, I am so anxious and disappointed that I have to do this all over again on the same knee. I am also not sure what is wrong, and that is terrifying as well.
  8. amy8303

    Amy's getting a revision

    I am having a left knee revision on a one year old TKR on Feb. 12. My knee has been unstable, and progressively more painful. I can only stand or walk less than 5 minutes before I need to sit down and rest my knee. The doctor says it's just a polyurethane replacement, but I am afraid it is...
Back
Top Bottom