Recent content by Alto2

  1. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Hello and how lovely to see your message benne68. I have been thinking of posting for the last week. Things have been rather busy here with hubby's treatment. He is not in pain now but has some discomforts from the chemo. There have been some reductions in some of the tumours but other parts...
  2. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Thank you. I agree that it is easy to keep going in the water. I will be careful.
  3. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Thank you all for your caring and wise words of encouragement. Thank you for the prayers added to ours and so many others. We’ve had a few rough days this week so I haven’t even been out for a walk. You are all correct though, I’m doing enough just around the house. Some new medication today is...
  4. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Hello at last Layla and all I can’t believe that I haven’t been in touch since the middle of January! However, it was about then that my husband was unexpectedly diagnosed with bowel cancer. We have had a whirlwind of appointments and he started chemotherapy last Wednesday. He’s doing well so...
  5. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Thank you for your encouragement. I agree about taking a couple of days off although I still do some pedalling, sit ups and low steps if I’m not doing pool or outdoor walking. Sometimes the weather is too bad to go out but it’s winter after all! Good wishes for your continuous improvement.
  6. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    That’s very encouraging. Thank you. It seems to be a continuous process until one day perhaps you don’t notice it anymore.
  7. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Hello everyone. Just checking in with progress. Walking is going well as I have just passed the 1 mile mark. This was at a local nature reserve and included a 10 minute sit down in one of the hides. Lovely to do something normal! I was happy with the kinesiology tape which the physio...
  8. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Thanks. It’s a very small pool but the progress is there. Great to hear you can walk miles. I have done 0.65 mile so far. Aiming for 1 mile perhaps within the next month.
  9. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Hello all Just checking in with current progress. I have done a short drive with only slight discomfort. I have done some higher steps without the crashing pain I had previously. I have walked 20 lengths of the pool. A good month. Just arrived at son's house for Christmas to find that their...
  10. Alto2

    TKR Spring in my step?

    Hi Gwennie. Interesting to read your story and I wish you all the best for your February op. I had a new kneecap as part of my TKR in July 25, but apparently the old one was quite worn out!
  11. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Hello all So I saw my surgeon at almost 5 months on and he gave my knee a thorough examination. It didn’t hurt as he moved it to see what it could do and he concluded that the new joint is in good shape but the soft tissue around it is taking a while to heal. Hence the continued pain. Keeping...
  12. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Hi and thanks for checking in. I have been stepping onto an 8 cm high book. It’s a commentary of the whole Bible! ️ I was also offered the complete works of Shakespeare or War and Peace but I chose the Commentary 8cm seems fine, quite comfortable and I am doing that regularly. I have tried the...
  13. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Another excellent idea. Will check out hubby's bookcase. He has some big solid ones which might do the trick. Will let you know. Thanks again.
  14. Alto2

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    Dear Indiesmom Just to say hi and encourage you to keep in touch with these wonderful Bonesmart people. I am recovering from TKR - 4 months ago so I know how difficult some days and nights!) can be. Bonesmart staff and members give great advice as well as reassurance. Layla's Recovery drawing is...
  15. Alto2

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Thank you for this reassurance and advice. I so appreciate your feedback.
Back
Top Bottom