Recent content by AllNat

  1. AllNat

    THR AllNat's 2nd THR (Lefty's Turn)

    Absolutely! Rare is the day that I don't think a thankful thought for having discovered BoneSmart—such a marvelous resource and very supportive community. :loveshwr: I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Here in Canada, Monday will be Thanksgiving. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for...
  2. AllNat

    THR AllNat’s First THR (Righty's Road to Recovery)

    Thanks, Deb. I'm choosing to think of my right hip as not being ignored; rather, it's behaving so well that it's not demanding my attention. :loll:
  3. AllNat

    THR AllNat’s First THR (Righty's Road to Recovery)

    According to my cell phone's calendar, where I am tracking the weeks passed since my two hip surgeries, Sunday will be the end of week 28 with my new right hip. But roughly counting months on my fingers, I've just passed the end of 6 months, so time for a quick update. I'm very happy to report...
  4. AllNat

    THR AllNat's 2nd THR (Lefty's Turn)

    Happy Friday, everybody. Since I'm wrapping up week 4 with my new left hip, I figured it was time for a bit of an update. I had my second outpatient physiotherapy appointment this morning. I'm happy to report improvements in all of the metrics that the physiotherapist is tracking: angle of...
  5. AllNat

    THR My New Left Hip

    So glad to hear about your No. 2! What I found helped me get going within 2 days after each of my surgeries was eating 2-3 prunes each day. I'm still taking one hydromorphone before bed each night to help me sleep, but instead of taking a sachet of Restoralax as had been prescribed, I've been...
  6. AllNat

    THR AllNat's 2nd THR (Lefty's Turn)

    Thanks, @Legseleven , @myglasshalffull , and @Layla . I was sore last night after all of the walking on Friday at the physio appointment and then yesterday at the urgent care clinic. Fortunately I did get a good night's sleep, although I'm rethinking the night-time position of the rental...
  7. AllNat

    THR AllNat's 2nd THR (Lefty's Turn)

    A quick update on Day 15. Yesterday I had my first of four outpatient physio appointments with Nancy, the wonderful physio I had for Righty. She was impressed that I had walked all the way to the Physio department with my walker instead of using a wheelchair, took baseline measurements of my...
  8. AllNat

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Lefty's turn to have the staples removed! This hip had 42 staples: 37 in the main incision, and 5 off to the side. Lots of bruising this time as well. When Righty's staples were being removed, I felt tugging only on the last one. This time I had a few more pinchy moments, but the nurse had a...
  9. AllNat

    THR It’s the hip’s turn

    I'm so glad to read of Justice's rebound. I hope it helps alleviate some of your pre-op anxiety and inspires you on your own recovery. Thank you for sharing that beautiful photo.
  10. AllNat

    THR AllNat's 2nd THR (Lefty's Turn)

    Thd end of Week 1, which means that it was time for my first shower and a dressing change. The shower went a lot more smoothly and quickly than my first post-op shower in April—no anxiety this time, and no need to figure out the choreography. :happydance:Such a lovely treat to use regular...
  11. AllNat

    THR It’s the hip’s turn

    Hello, @JusticeRider , my fellow September Sapphire! I can confirm that the Lounge Doctor is wonderful! I first purchased the inflatable version back in April, after I found that my makeshift pillow wedge was not helping to reduce the swelling and was giving me grief when I tried to sleep. I...
  12. AllNat

    THR AllNat's 2nd THR (Lefty's Turn)

    Thanks, @Layla . I had a good night's sleep. I reduced my fluid intake after 8:00 p.m., so my bathroom breaks in the night would not be as frequent, and I took a hydromorphone and did some icing just after 11:00 p.m., before my midnight dose of extra strength Tylenol, because I was feeling some...
  13. AllNat

    THR AllNat's 2nd THR (Lefty's Turn)

    Yes, thank goodness that the 4:00 a.m. dose of hydromorphone managed to give me a few hours of shut-eye. My sister and my hubby are making a wonderful round-the-clock tag-team. :loveshwr:She and her husband have been making delicious lunches, and she and I have been enjoying them while watching...
  14. AllNat

    THR AllNat's 2nd THR (Lefty's Turn)

    4:22 a.m. A rough night so far. :sad: Not pain, really—just restlessness. At one point I switched to a lighter fleece blanket because the weight of the comforter under which I've been sleeping since my surgery just felt too oppressive. I have just taken my second hydromorphone of the night in...
  15. AllNat

    THR AllNat's 2nd THR (Lefty's Turn)

    Day 5 of my new left hip. My left thigh now resembles a ham hock due to the swelling; since I haven't showered yet, the iodine that was swabbed on in the OR adds to the illusion. :heehee: Overall, I'm doing pretty well, although I find it quite painful to get in and out of bed, and up out of a...
Back
Top Bottom