Recent content by allin1

  1. A

    TKR Allin1's left knee TKR

    5+ years post surgery. I did try the Transamerica Trail but only made 600 miles before I quit. I had to stop because of achilles tendon pain in my right(nonsurgical) leg. Left knee was great. I would put my knee surgery result at an 11 out of 10. Don't come here much but hopefully a good result...
  2. A

    TKR where do you do in home pt?

    I did mine in the kitchen and on the couch. Bedroom is upstairs and I wasn't doing steps the first couple of weeks.
  3. A

    TKR Allin1's left knee TKR

    So, I'm one day short of a year for my new left knee. I know many folks here have had issues with their knee replacements, but mine has been a real blessing. It wasn't all roses the first few weeks, but at this point I'm able to walk well as far as I want. I've ridden up to 25 miles on my bike...
  4. A

    TKR TKR Recovery Journey

    One note of caution on the Gabapentin, I went on it after my knee replacement and someone here mentioned it is strong medicine. When I tried stopping it I had a bit of a hard time quitting off the 300 mg pills (anxiety). I got the Dr to prescribe some 100 mg pills and was able to wean off that...
  5. A

    TKR TKR Recovery Journey

    I sent a PM to Dedou. I was not aware of the magnesium article on the website, thanks for that. I was aware that magnesium was supposed to help sleep. As I said in the PM, so many claims are made for magnesium that it gets hard to believe them all. On the other hand, as it is needed in every...
  6. A

    TKR TKR Recovery Journey

    I posted this in the other RLS thread, may be something to consider. "Researchers think that magnesium makes it easier for muscles to relax. This may be because of its calcium-blocking abilities, which help regulate the nerves and muscles instead of letting calcium “activate” the nerves. If...
  7. A

    TKR the torment of constantly moving legs make me regret the whole thing

    I did not suffer from RLS after my TKR but I have been suffering with fatigue and a few other symptoms over the last couple of years. I started supplementing with magnesium, which may help with RLS. Here is a link for your consideration...
  8. A

    TKR Allin1's left knee TKR

    So, went to Carlsbad caverns last weekend. Did about 3 miles of walking in the cave, a lot of it on a severe downslope. The next day did a 4.2 mile hike in the Guadalupe national forest. Lots of sore muscles and one bad blister, but my knee was great!
  9. A

    TKR SpaceGirls Road to Recovery Knee #2

    I haven't been around here much so I missed this update when you made it. You did a really good job of putting into words some of the things I've been going through. I could always walk, but the pain was nearly constant. Now, it is gone. I have started walking but I don't know about 10,000...
  10. A

    TKR Allin1's left knee TKR

    Checking in at 10 months. For me it has been a great change in my life. I'm back to riding my bike and doing some walking. I still have some low level of pain while riding my bike, but it always is short lived and feels stronger all the time.
  11. A

    TKR Second guessing second TKR

    I saw one surgeon who said he liked to hear some magic words before doing a knee replacement, and those words are "I can't go on like this". My own thought is I wish I had done it sooner, and I'm not sure I was even to the "I can't go on like this" stage. If I was having only occasional pain...
  12. A

    TKR i am so upset and in so much pain

    I'm sorry things are going badly for you. I agree with the other posters, your PT is an idiot. You would be far better off with no PT than that person. I was in discomfort for about 2 weeks, but 6 months post surgery I am very happy with my new knee. I hope things get better for you. Edit. I...
  13. A

    TKR I should have had the TKR 10 years ago

    Not sure if this was pointed at me. It's a good question, I would estimate I'm somewhere between 85 and 90%. I have less pain that I did before, but sometimes after a bike ride it gets sore. Once that stops I'll call it a 100%.
  14. A

    TKR Big O’s Recovery Thread

    Wow, I would say that walking daily 3 miles at 5 weeks is an awful lot, but if you can do it, good on you. I might try cutting back the distance or going every other day and seeing if it helps with the pain and swelling you mention.
  15. A

    TKR I should have had the TKR 10 years ago

    I'm almost 5 months into my own recovery. I'm not sure I was quite as happy 2 weeks into my recovery as you appear to be, but I do agree I'm very happy to have had mine done. I easily could have done mine 5 years sooner, but I'm glad I didn't push it back anymore,
Back
Top Bottom