Recent content by AliK

  1. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @Celle Yes. I thought I agreed.??
  2. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @Laurenkate Thank you. This forum is basically the only place I kind of “let it all hang out.” It’s the only place that makes my recovery seem normal. :) :-) (:
  3. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @DLR Thanks again. I do feel like a whiner for saying anything, and I think generally that people don’t want to hear about extended pain or struggle. I don’t know if we, as humans, are geared to be compassionate for long hauls. At work, people just look at me like “Bless her heart. I wonder why...
  4. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @Josephine I am working regular hours - 5 days a week, M-F. I have to be there by 7:40 AM, and I leave about 4 to 4:15 unless I have required meetings. Work is only 15 mins away. I am not doing much at home - feeding my dogs, making my lunch, occasionally straightening things up, doing a bit...
  5. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @Celle Thank you. I know these things, and I thank you for your encouragement. I just want to remember the struggle because it is extreme. I do have to work. It is not an option, and I had to return 2½ weeks ago. I know that this is not helping my attitude as I am exhausted. I have used up all...
  6. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    I see lots of old posts about post op blues, but I would really like to hear from people who are currently recovering. Right now, (8 weeks post op) I feel like the choice to have the TKR was the biggest mistake of my life. I know it’s a 52 week recovery, but I can’t really wrap my head around...
  7. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @katchmo I am basically only doing the parts of therapy that feel good. Trying to push sometimes, but that usually bites me in the behind. I enjoy peddling my recumbent exercise bike at no resistance. And I am listening to you all. Thank you for your encouragement! (And because of everyone’s...
  8. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    Mutti3, Jockette, Dizzy, NavyGunns and lovetocookandsew Thank you all so much! I’m sorry to keep needing reassurance! I think my optimistic attitude is all used up for this week. But I just can’t express how much it means to hear from you who have traveled this road. (Did you have people...
  9. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    Okay y’all... ( I’m letting my Texan out because I’m having a pity party, and that’s when my accent comes out. If you don’t feel like reading a rant, I understand.) Just about EVERYONE - including me - thinks I should be doing better at 7 weeks post op. People ask me what went wrong. They...
  10. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    Thanks to all who keep helping me through this journey!
  11. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    I’m 4 1/2 weeks post surgery. I know I shouldn’t be comparing myself, but I feel like I’ve gone backward a bit. Several days ago while in the house, I kept forgetting to even grab my crutch. So I started walking around the house without it. But now, I feel that I need it again because my...
  12. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @NavyGunns Thanks for responding. No - the hamstring snap itself is not that painful until it begins to occur over and over. Glad to know yours went away! When was your surgery again?
  13. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    JUST SAY NO: Well... I know you’d be mad at me for suffering through four weeks, but I finally told my PT today that I was no longer going to do anything that hurt! My PT background, and the fact that my PT is a long-time friend, made me feel like I could surely suffer through some pain. But...
  14. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @Jockette Yes - I saw total knee replacement patients all the time when I first became a PT. And I feel like I’m suffering a bit of payback now. We used to crank on those poor people’s knees, trying to force them to 90 degrees. Dr’s wouldn’t discharge them from the hospital until their knee was...
  15. A

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @MMcIntosh Thanks for sharing your story. I think we women are really programmed to get up and keep going, even when we hurt or are as sick as dogs! And I think we’ve trained a lot of the world to expect that we will do just that every time we are down. This time, I hope we’re both allowing...
Back
Top Bottom