Recent content by Ali_Lou

  1. Ali_Lou

    THR Rehabilitation Question

    Hello all! I’m on day 4 after a left THR at 45 yrs old. All is good and as expected. But I do have a question I’m hoping someone might be able to help me with. After my initial recovery and gaining my strength back (12weeks - 6 months I’m thinking) I’d like to get back to the state I was in...
  2. Ali_Lou

    NJR UK question

    @Jaycey oh great that is reassuring! I’ve met him a handful of times and he’s not the easiest to have a chat with - but I couldn’t give a watsit as long as he looks after my hip! Thank you for looking - making me feel more reassured by the minute...
  3. Ali_Lou

    NJR UK question

    Hello, Sorry Newbie here with a question I’m sure has been answered before but I can’t find it I’m just getting familiar with the site.. So, my surgeon, Mr Slack is operating on my left hip (THR) on 17th March at QEQM in Margate Kent. I can see his stats on the NJR but I’m not sure what I’m...
  4. Ali_Lou

    Septic/ Infectious/Bacterial Arthritis

    Oh and yes Josephine - I’m going in on 17th March, Mr Slack Spencer Hospital Margate Kent.
  5. Ali_Lou

    Reassurance please!

    Hello - I’m new here too. I’m 45 and just given my date with Mr Slack at QEQM in Margate of 17th March. I’ve been putting this off for 2 years now and I’m a bit scared too! But ready to get my life back...
  6. Ali_Lou

    Septic/ Infectious/Bacterial Arthritis

    Hi Josephine - many thanks - who are you referring to? It was erm... very painful. But it happened 3 years ago, and I’m ready for the THR - I go in on 17th March. I’m UK based and my surgeon has been great since it happened - unfortunately too late to diagnose at the time so the damage was...
  7. Ali_Lou

    Septic/ Infectious/Bacterial Arthritis

    Thank you Jaycey xx
  8. Ali_Lou

    Septic/ Infectious/Bacterial Arthritis

    That’s great thanks I’ll reach out much appreciated..
  9. Ali_Lou

    Septic/ Infectious/Bacterial Arthritis

    Thank you, anny!
  10. Ali_Lou

    Septic/ Infectious/Bacterial Arthritis

    Hello all, I’m due a left THR in March and wanted to connect with anyone who has gone through a late diagnosed or undiagnosed septic arthritis attack. About 4 years ago, I contracted this and it’s left me with virtually no cartilage in my hip hence the need for a THR. I’m 45. I’m wondering if...
  11. Ali_Lou

    2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    Hello - nice to find a group of THR musketeers! 17th March for a left THR... yay!
Back
Top Bottom