Recent content by Alabama girl57

  1. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    Update:: my surgery was June 7 2024, a RTHR. I've had lots of issues with swelling and pain on lateral side of hip as well as pain radiating to my rt lateral knee. Lots of hip flexor pain. The Dr tried injections in the hip joint , I've had xrays, mri's, It's, and 2 steroid injections into the...
  2. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    I will be 5 months out on my RTHR. It was June 7th. I'm quite discouraged. I still have groin pain if I'm very active, lateral hip and knee pain. Still significant swelling in hip region and my incision often feels like it's on fire. Now my Lt knee is giving me fits. Anyone else had these issues...
  3. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    My Rthr was on June 7th. Overall I'm doing well, but I continue to have alot of swelling. Finished a round of steroids that reduced the swelling, but now a few days after finishing meds, swelling is back worse than ever. I've been icing and elevating since the surgery.. Any ideas? Is this normal...
  4. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    Update: today I am 2 months out from my surgery. I am doing pretty well. Pretty much back to normal activity. I'm driving again, and took a ride last weekend on the motorcycle. (Trike). I still have swelling over my actual hip and the muscle on the outside of my thigh to my knee is still pretty...
  5. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    Update: tomorrow I'm 8 weeks out from my RTHR. Overall I'm doing well. I still have good and bad days. Still stiffness in hip, burning pain if I don't take the gabapentin and muscle relaxer. The lateral side of my knee on the rt leg continues to hurt the more active I become. Fatigue is still...
  6. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    The swelling is back. It was much better, but last couple days it is worse. Especially right behind my incision going back towards my buttocks. The aching is the entire hip fom top of pelvis to inside of groin. And my lateral knee is giving me fits too. I'm walking on my own and thought this is...
  7. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    I am 6 weeks and 2days out from my surgery. My progress is going well I think, I'm just wondering if any of you are experiencing this. I still have alot of stiffness and aching, my groin aches like before surgery occasionally and even the left side aches occasionally too. Is this normal? How...
  8. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    Today is a bad day. Depression has hit me out of nowhere!! I'm close to tears. I'm sleeping well, but not taking any meds other than tylenol and it's not helping much for the aching and stiffness. I'm walking around the house frequently, icing and elevating. I know its still very early in...
  9. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    Update: today is 1 month since my hip surgery. I have 2 more PT days left. I'm walking most of the time without assistance. If I'm tired or feel weak I will use the cane. I still ice and elevate due to some stiffness, some. Swelling and still some machines and burning. It's sporadic. I have to...
  10. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    I am almost 4 weeks post op. Walking occasionally without assistance of cane or walker. Still slight swelling in hip area behind incision. Not much pain in hip unless I over do it. I still have episodes of being quite fatigued so I rest alot and I am still icing and elevating for the swelling...
  11. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    Update: 19 days out. Going for 1st check up today. I'm doing well. I still have that annoying burning pain and occasionally some aching. I'm no longer taking pain meds other than tylenol and gabapentin. I'm using the cane when I'm not feeling tired or weak then I use the walker so I'm safer...
  12. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    I havent really felt good most of the day. Had some nausea with standing a couple times, a killer headache and flushed. No fever though. Did ok and therapy and vitals were fine. Is this anything to be concerned about or call my care team about?
  13. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    Update: I'm now 10 days out. I overdid it a couple days ago but rested all weekend, laid off of PT exercises and I feel better. Slow and easy from here on out. I do what is comfortable. Ice off and on all day, walk every hour for 10 minutes, eating healthy and resting alot.
  14. A

    THR Pain at 5 months

    Please what is is ODIC? I am not familiar with that term. I understand. I want to heal quickly, but I know I need to heal well. Yesterday I overdid it with the exercises and walking with my walker and I'm paying for it this morning, I'm stiff and achey and even my knee hurts. Slow and steady...
Back
Top Bottom