Recent content by AjesMum

  1. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    Hello Celle... Yes the Doc did prescribe Ativan. I did try one last night.. it was kind of weird.. i don't think i felt the quad tendon pain as bad as the previous nights but then again, I also started the Steroid pack early yesterday afternoon..so not sure if its that, that is reducing the...
  2. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    How will Ativan help me? Has anyone else taken it “to help sleep”? Doc is concerned I don’t sleep well with so much quad tendon pain, which is true.. but I’m not 100% on the Ativan as I’ve not taken such a thing before... rather not google it either.. would like to hear of some real life...
  3. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    I have also been told that both knees worked on will be different.. a different experience.. recovery, etc.. truth has been seen. I am trying to work on my gait as I’ve limped for so long that now, the balls of my feet are suffering .. I walk on the balls of my feet! Ugh! I cannot even explain...
  4. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    Thanks .. have been icing the quad tendon as it’s still swollen. There is one very particular place on the kneecap edge to the tendon, that if I barely touch it with my fingertip, it’s quite painful. Everywhere else is just sore.... which I expect...makes me suspicious..something is going on in...
  5. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    **Update at 10 weeks 4 days Post OP ** PAIN PAIN PAIN in the quad tendon, right above the knee cap. Painful to bend but WORSE when straightening the leg while sleeping! This has been consistent for the last 3-4 weeks.. I still ice, elevate, and stopped strengthening at therapy (per outpatient...
  6. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    **Update** 6-Week Left Knee PostOp update Aside from SUPER TIGHT Hamstring Tendons and occasional swelling (too much Taichi in one day), dull stabbing pain here and there, I am doing pretty good. Still have about a -5 extension and I am only at 125 flexion. I say only because I am behind...
  7. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    Officially 3-weeks today and few stitches from the Makoplasty removed - still, icing and elevating daily. ROM is -5 extension and 105 flexion. Lots of pain in hamstring tendons, but working on it. I’m walking without the walker in the house but use my crutches when I leave the house so I can...
  8. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    Yes indeed, the IPC device.. very hard to sleep in but I do know for good reason. I see the doc Tuesday for my 2-week follow up and get stitches removed. Thank you.
  9. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    8. All upper body weight lifting: worked back and biceps yesterday morning (all seated exercises) 5 Sets x15 reps Alternate one arm dumbbell row Seated row Wide arm lat pulldowns Low back extension Rope straight arm pull down Bicep curls Bicep drag curl Bicep narrow grip curl Today worked...
  10. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    1. 7 2. 2- oxycodone (5-325) every 4-6 hours depending on pain level Stool softener (100mg) x2 daily, low dose aspirin (81mg) x2 daily 3. moderate 4. ROM: flexion 61 (digressed from 68 on Monday); extension -10 5. Icing average 5x a day with 3-gel pal inserts (incl. back of knee) 6...
  11. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    Yes Josephine, sure.
  12. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    I see that a lot of you are off your pain killers. I’m at day 8 and although I have dwindled down how often, I still use them. What OTC a can I take that will be equivalent to OxyCotin? How often? I’m aiming for reducing the swelling and the pain, of course. I do take the Oxy when PT comes to...
  13. AjesMum

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Hey FitGal! I also consider myself fairly fit except for these glass knees which also served 12-years Army (Signal + DrillSGT) ..and now a Cert PT and Group Fitness Trainer (specialty Senior Fitness) ... just had my Left Knee done on july 19th .. (right knee was Jan 16th this year) .. no...
  14. AjesMum

    PKR Worst than first<

    Hi all - officially 8-days post -op and this partial Makoplasty has me a bit concerned. Compared to the right knee (6-months post-op), it is massively bruised and swollen in outer thigh, inner thigh, and top of calf. Due to this swelling, I am not able to bend much. PT says I am measured at 55...
  15. AjesMum

    Age 45 TKR in September. SCARED!

    Oh that would be grand! I tremble at the thought when I’m 65 ..that’s encouraging!
Back
Top Bottom