@Pumpkin, you said earlier "Your surgeon will need to do a differential diagnosis to determine what is happening with your knee. Taking a sample of your joint fluid is a good start. You should have a thorough physical exam of your knee, knee cap, soft tissue, ligaments, and possibly further...
@sistersinhim i had allergy testing done 2 years ago and nothing.
@Pumpkin i am starting this all over again. Bummer. Getting kind of tired of it but continue to search for an answer. Thank you both.
@sistersinhim I have had 3 surgeons in 4 replacements. Not a fan of using the same doctor if I don't have to. I had no choice on the first 2 surgeries as I was required to see the Navy doc.
Been a long time and a revision and spinal cord stimulator surgery since I was last on. More stalking than anything. I was doing OK after revision in Nov 2023 but got some severe nerve damage that has only gotten worse. So got a Nevro spinal cord stimulator implanted 6 weeks ago. Getting...
I continue to walk, though slower and less than before, to try to stay moving. But something really weird happened 2 days ago. Just walking down my flat street and felt something kinda give out behind my bad knee. It was soo painful that I sat down. I could barely put any weight on my...
Met with 3 different surgeons on Monday. They all poked, prodded and messed with my knee. Discussed my bone scan and prior aspiration results. Then told me that my knee has something wrong and they are very perplexed. Did 9 x-rays in weird positions and then another aspiration. This one is...
The meeting of differentsurgeons was last Thursday. My new Dr called me Monday and said based on the bone scans showing some loosening and the last aspiration showing high level monocyte count all the surgeons agreed another aspiration should be done and if shows same treat as an infection. So...
Thanks @Jamie and @WFD for the info. I also read in an article that mycobacterial infections don't show up until a long culture. I was diagnosed with a mycobacterium lung infection back in 2019 and am wondering if that could be a factor. Who knows? More questions for my doctor.
I spoke with a case manager at HSS today. He asked if any prior surgereons had done infection testing on me during the surgery and if so did they culture it for at least 21 days.
I know no aspirations have been tested that long. So my questions are: 1. Is a 21 day culture normal? 2. Is...
@Jamie, thanks. My hubs and i agree that figuring this out is worth the cost and efffort. I already paid for the allergy testing so in for a penny etc. At least this surgeon is willing to work with me on it. The other 2 have given up.
i am also considering lookin into HSS looking into my case. I am not having much luck with loosening of my replacement and then fixing the problem. Maybe they have seen something like my problem.
@Jamie my doctor thought allergy testing would show reactivity to one cement so he was talking options. However turns out I am not reactive to bone cement only to aluminum which I read is a small percentage of titanium alloy. My doctor finally called me back today and he is at a loss as to...
Spoke to my new doctor in Irvine on the phone today. Bone scan done 3 weeks ago shows definite uptake, his words, on my right knee. His opinion at this time is it is loose again as I have suspected. We are waiting on the results from the allergy testing at Orthopedics Analysis done about 2.5...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.