Recent content by Activitygirl

  1. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    So I am thinking that a THR is in my future but I have so many questions. Do you have to prevent bending over past 90 degrees long term or just post op healing. Do you need to use a raised toilet seat for long term or just post op recovery?
  2. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    Thank you for your insights on hip recovery
  3. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    So I started having the left hip pain again for the past 2 nights waking me up. I had PRP injection in my left hip on 1/22/25. I am continuing with the flexibilty and strengthening exercises at home. I know that there will be a THR in my future. Also have a partial thickness tear in the Gluteus...
  4. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    6 weeks post PRP in left hip. Pain has gone from a 8-9 before procedure to a 2 with mild morning stiffness. Continue to improve daily. Now walking a mile every day, doing yoga with modifications to protect my hip as well stretching and strengthening exercises for my hips. Procedure cost $650 out...
  5. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    5 weeks post PRP in left hip. Doing well. Pain at night is minimal 2-3 instead of 6-8 out of 10. Doing flexibilty stretching daily. Strength exercises 3 x week for 45 minutes. Walking a mile a day. Doing yoga daily with midification. Lets hope this last!
  6. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    Can THR heal a partial thickness tear in the gluteus medius? What is the chance of the gluteal tear happening again after THR?
  7. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    Can you still do yoga after a THR? So many of the warrior poses and cross leg poses are prohibited after THR.
  8. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    So I have been doing some research on THR , I have read several incidents of people having gluteal tears after having THR. My main cause of pain right now is a partial thickness tear the gluteus minimus. I had repair surgery four years ago for a complete tear of this muscle. Rehab and crutches...
  9. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    2 weeks post PRP in my left hip. Starting to walk 1/2 mile a day. Beginning at home PT stretches to loosen up tight muscles without over doing it. Minimal discomfort .
  10. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    Went for my 2nd PRP injection in left hip on 1/22. Dr. concentrated more on relieving trochanter bursitis pain as well as partial thickness tear in left gluteus medius. Procedure hurt like hell! I used a walker the first day then switched to a cane for the next two days. Some pain for the first...
  11. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    My last MRI showed healing of torn labrum and cartilage . Still have partial thickness tear of gluteus minimus as well as trocanter bursitis. Going for my 2nd PRP injection on Jab.22nd 2025. My reasons for not having THR are. : I will not be able to do my daily yoga practice because so many of...
  12. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    Went for another MRI of my left hip yesterday post PRP done on 7/10/24. Arthritis is improved as well as labrum tear. MRI shows mild trochanter bursitis as well as partial thickness tear in gluteus minimus. Pain is about 4-6 on on ocassion in left glute. Scheduled for my 2nd PRP injection on...
  13. A

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    I went through the PRP in July for my left hip. Had surgery about 4 1/2 years ago to repair torn labrum, full thickness gluteus medius tear. ,bursectomy and bone spur shaving. PRP helped relieve the pain about 50-60% for about 4 months. Cortisone shots did nothing for pain. Just caused the bones...
  14. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for the insight. Wish I had known about the failure rate for the muscle and tendon repair. I am not sure about the success rate of PRP injections either although it did give me relief for about 3 1/2 months. The DJD is mild right now. I do yoga daily (with modifications for my hips).for...
  15. A

    Hip Arthroscopy Activitygirl's Recovery Thread

    Latest health update. Had the arthroscopic repair done in left hip March 2021 for Full thickness tear gluteus medius, torn labrum as well as bone spur shaving on head of femur. Slow recovery thought I was doing better until last fall when hip pain came back. Another trip to Ortho. Doc said...
Back
Top Bottom