Recent content by aconcepts

  1. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    Hi Jmdearras - I see you are having them less than a year apart. Probably what is going to happen to me. I going to ask why at the hospital's education class on Thursday.
  2. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    I hear you SassyGirl. The thing is I am going to have to have the second one done at some point in the near future as well. Doc said. "You don't want to have them both done at once." Why that was - I don't know. The way he said it left no doubt that he did not want to do it that way.
  3. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    Please note: I am an orthopaedic nurse of 53 years experience in orthopaedics and joint replacement (and STILL working! :wink:) - This is awesome. Bless you Josephine. Heaven holds a special place for nurses and teachers.
  4. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    Nice - at the moment, I could appreciate some "forcing." LOL!
  5. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    Jamie - thank you for your encouragement. I need it. My gut reaction is to run.
  6. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    Josephine - You know I never looked at it that way. Although rarely - I have had knee pain that has kept me up at night - and anything less I really never considered pain. Probably a guy thing- you know, tough it out - it'll go away. Thank you for your perspective.
  7. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    Caaot - Thanks for the reply. Please keep me/us informed on how you are progressing. Only when it comes to volunteering to be helpless at the hands of others do I need hand holding. Thank God my daughter will be there to go to the hospital with me - or I might not show up. I think I may have to...
  8. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    With extended family members. - AC
  9. aconcepts

    Kinematically Aligned TKR Surgery

    Hi All - I have researched this on the web, and I understand that this takes into consideration 3 angles of alignment. Can someone further explain this and why my surgeon performs it? Thanks - AC
  10. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    I an using Dr Howell in Sacramento. From my research I have found him to get get excellent results and he does about 500 a year and my insurance is accepted, and he has low rate of post op problems. Has anybody used him or have feedback about Dr Howell in Sacramento? His office was jammed packed...
  11. aconcepts

    2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Thank you Bottomshollow. Regards - AC
  12. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    Yes Diane, July 12 - and I have all kinds of feelings about it. Plus I will recover away from home - not good.
  13. aconcepts

    When can I fly home?

    Thank you for your reply - About 5 hours. - AC
  14. aconcepts

    The Stone Clinic - stem cell paste graft and a meniscus transplant

    Hi All - Has anyone considered this or know of anyone who has had this procedure? - AC
  15. aconcepts

    Are you having TKR for mobility issues rather than pain?

    Thank you for your reply Diane - Yes - I am going to risk a LTKR to regain the life I knew.
Back
Top Bottom