Recent content by Abby73

  1. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    Hi all am one year on from the surgery just wanted to check in, have been doing ok, but last few days the area when the Dynamic Hip screw is in the thigh is painful on walking not painful like when I broke it but lifting the leg to move, ok when stationery, wondered if I should be concerned
  2. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    Good morning all, I’m still on a slow recovery path since my accident last August I still have problems walking have been told the only way to improve things is exercise I go to aqua aerobics weekly and use the treadmill and cycle machine at the gym but can’t do more than half a mile it’s still...
  3. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    Hello Layla 10 months from the accident, it’s not improved a lot, walking is still really hard work, walking is pretty tiring and takes an awful lot of effort, and it’s slow, also walking is giving me discomfort in my hips and lower back It was a major injury I know, but having discomfort still...
  4. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    So now I am 8 months on from the surgery on my femur, am walking ok, but I wonder if it will ever be like it was, it’s uncomfortable and sometimes painful, am i expecting too much after 8 months? Can’t get rid of the limp
  5. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    Hi Hip4life thanks for your comment, I ended up having surgery on my wrist 25/3 where they put in plate and screws, as it kept displacing, now recovering from that. With my walking I’m trying to pace myself and celebrate the success of DHS in mending me well, so grateful for the hospitals care...
  6. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    8 months on from the surgery and things are so much better, I still have difficult days when out walking as I’ve lost confidence as 2 breaks 7 months apart has scared me in case of tripping as have now broken 4 bones and realise I break easy I am trying to increase my strength, have been going...
  7. A

    Wrist Broken wrist

    I had surgery 25th March, left wrist ORIF, now have metal plate and screws in there, went back couple of days ago, they have taken off the cast and have a splint, was told the surgery wet well. I’m so relieved to be out of plaster cast, so uncomfortable, I can now work on slowly getting the...
  8. A

    Wrist Broken wrist

    We’ll time for an update the pain worsened so went to A and E and they removed both the backslab and the permanent plaster on top as they said it was too tight and I was at risk of developing compartment syndrome They put ne backslab on and x rayed it again, but it had displaced again The next...
  9. A

    Wrist Broken wrist

    Hi I’ve been on a different thread before this as I broke my femur last year, but 2 weeks ago I caught my foot in barbed wire and overbalanced, causing left radial wrist fracture It was quite deformed so needed manipulation and a temporary back strap plaster because of the swelling, went back...
  10. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    Hi All, after joining the gym to help build up my strength again, last Thursday I fell and broke my wrist, meaning more pain and I can’t drive. Having to ask people to help with showering and dressing as I’m on my own. Issue is confidence in walking, which is important to keep up the gains I’ve...
  11. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    Thank you all for your replies, it’s good to have support when you’re in pain
  12. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    A while since I posted last, now 6 months from the fall. Leg slowly getting stronger and can do more now, nhs referred me to the hospital gym and that has helped, no longer needing pain killers for that issue. It’s sore to the touch and if I knock it and I can often feel the hinge moving with my...
  13. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    Haven’t posted for a while, it’s 5 months since my femur repair, I think I expected to be walking better than I am, lots of discomfort and weakness still. My life has been totally turned around but not in a good way, I can do lots more, but the frustration is not being able to do more than a few...
  14. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    Hi All 3 months on, and still having problems, have changed my car to an automatic so I can get around easier, and was able to take myself to see the physio at hospital today I am walking but still not easy, I told the physio this and also told him about the pain in my groin, I have not had a...
  15. A

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    12 weeks on, and have gone backwards again, I know my age is against me but I was so fit, now getting up and down stairs is painful again, and having to take painkillers again. 3 days ago I hit a traffic jam in the car and for around 20 minutes my bad leg was up and down with the clutch as we...
Back
Top Bottom