Recent content by Abbey

  1. A

    Posting a new question

    Thanks @Jamie. I think i caused this problem inadvertently when i first registered. I found my account and i do know the password I am going to just ignore the Abbey account as i always used Goody 2Shoes3. Thanks for your help!
  2. A

    Nervous about THR on July 7

    HI@mountainmomma I am also having my surgery on July 7th. i understand your concerns. I have avoided the THR videos because i don't want to be scared by them. I have been so busy with two critically ill family members that I feel totally unprepared for this hip replacement and just logged on...
  3. A

    Posting a new question

    HI@Jamie. Something strange has happened. For as long as I have posted on this site my name was Goody2Shoes with a tinkerbell avatar. However when i asked Bottomshollow to correct my surgery date i became Abbey. I think that may go back to a problem when i was signing up. However i havent...
  4. A

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    Hi @bottomshollow . I am Goody2Shoes and my surgery is on July 7th. When i logged in I had a different name. now i see that Goody2Shoes is back on the list....that's me but my login name has been changed to Abbey. So....... please change my login name back to Goody2shoes3. My avatar was...
  5. A

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    Hi @bottomshollow. Would you mind correcting my surgery information please? It isn't my second...it's my first THR and the date was changed by the surgeon to July 7th. Thank you!
  6. A

    Posting under two names

    Alright and thank you
  7. A

    Posting under two names

    I am sorry for creating this problem but I just posted a thread and see it is under a different name than the one I joined up with this week. It is from a previous attempt to sign up and i didn't realise until now that it was still there. Would it be possible to delete my account with the name...
  8. A

    Should I avoid teaching hospitals?

    If i want to be assured that my surgeon is experienced should I avoid a teaching hospital where a "resident" may be working on my hip? The one i would consider states that they do minimally invasive surgery which I assume is the anterior approach but I have read that it takes some skill to do...
  9. A

    Leg weakness prior to Surgery

    Hi Akphip Sounds like we had a similar experience but I am sorry to hear that you went through back surgery only to find you still had pain....how frustrating. Before I joined the forum this week, I was basically just pushing the thought of surgery out of my mind. However now I am seeing the...
  10. A

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    sandybeach I noticed you said you had inner thigh cramps. If they are anything like mine they are excruciating. The pain of a charlie horse doesn't come anywhere close. I tried just about every idea i could find on the internet and nothing worked until I tried tonic water with quinine. This also...
  11. A

    Need advice from people who experienced weakness prior to surgery

    I am a new member as of today and I really need some advice from "experienced" people My question related to weakness in my leg. It has gotten so bad that I can't lift my left leg to get in the passenger side of a car. I can't lift it off the bed at all when lying on my back. I would have...
Back
Top Bottom