Recent content by 50something

  1. 50something

    TKR 4 weeks out from LTKR

    I'm just about to hit 12 weeks out. recovery has been really good! I meet with my surgeon next week, but I am curious. the pain I feel now, is in my tibia. I wondering if that's the last part of healing since the metal and bone need to graph together?
  2. 50something

    TKR 4 weeks out from LTKR

    Yes, I ice a lot! upwards of four to five hours a day, or even more. I elevate as well, but maybe not high enough. I lay in bed or on the couch while icing.
  3. 50something

    TKR 4 weeks out from LTKR

    I am trying so hard not to overdo it. Three days ago, I took a walk of about 1000 feet and then did my PT exercises. Ever since then, I feel like I've backslide an entire week or more. I hurt, I'm stiff and don't want to do any exercises besides walking. Is this ok? I know I am early in the game...
  4. 50something

    TKR 4 weeks out from LTKR

    As I recover from over doing it on day 8, I wonder how people deal with so much pain? I had a TKR on the right in 2014 and my doctor gave me plenty of meds to keep me comfortable. But because of the opioid crisis, doctors give the bare minimum to take the edge off, so I'm not crying with pain. I...
  5. 50something

    TKR March 15

    I am getting a tkr March 15. I have been working so hard on strength that now I am pain free. The first time in a year! Now doubting my decision, but I know the pain will return as I had the right knee done 7 years ago.
  6. 50something

    TKR 4½ years later^

    1. Pain is 1..yesterday 4 when walking. 2. Meds. Ibuprofen. 600 mg twice a day. 3. Slight swelling. Can feel more than see. 4. ROM. Slightly less than 4 years ago. 5. 6. 7. 8. No PT Exercise- 9-11k steps a day Gym- Elliptical 30 min varying difficulty levels. I feel I may have just over...
  7. 50something

    TKR 4½ years later^

    Sure. Questions are fine.
  8. 50something

    TKR 4½ years later^

    So, things have been really good for these past four years. Sure, I have some limitations and weakness, but I do almost everything I want. I have been using an elliptical a lot lately and doing 11k steps a day while on vacation. Now my knee is really stiff and sore. Is this just soft tissue...
  9. 50something

    TKR 4½ years later^

    Thank you everyone. My Dr said I have 24 months to reach my maximum amount of strength. He said after that I may not be able to get more. You are all right, I need to slow down and maybe do a little less or a bit more mellow exercise. I am feeling better already after two days off, but still...
  10. 50something

    TKR 4½ years later^

    Josephine, I am a middle school teacher, have two kids ages 10&13, and am 50 pounds overweight. I also have back issues. I like to exercise to be able to keep up with my family. Moving makes me feel better, most of the time. We live in Northern California where the lifestyle tends to be geared...
  11. 50something

    TKR 4½ years later^

    Pumpkin, I remember you from my earlier days on BS. Yes, it is odd, I know I should not even think about my knee at this point, but I do. My OS was very pleased at 12 months with ROM. I still needed more strength. He said I have another year. I do everything, pretty much. Ride a bike, hike, walk...
  12. 50something

    TKR 4½ years later^

    1½ years down the road......It has been a long time since I posted. However my knee has been sore and achy lately. I am not sure if it is the 11k pus steps a day, my diet, or normal. Anyone else continue To have pain and need to ice so far down the road? I do everything I want, exercise...
  13. 50something

    TKR 5 months post-op LTKR and still having unpredictable ups & downs.

    Yes, you are normal. I had days at 6 months where I still needed a pain med. we are all so different! Our knees do as they wish. As long as you continue to progress, just keep on working on it. I am 9 full months and can go up stairs fairly well, but prefer the railing, but going down I am still...
  14. 50something

    TKR 4½ years later^

    I am now almost 9 months out and still can get quite stiff and a bit swollen after a long day at work on my feet. I am a teacher and since school has started I really feel it! Is this still normal? Some days, I have to ice, rest, motrin, etc after the day. Sand is still a killer, bus since we...
  15. 50something

    TKR need reassurance please

    This is a long journey. Lay back, grab your ice and pain meds and settle in for a few weeks. My knee and legs were enormous for nearly three months. I still have extra fluid at 8 months. I found this site at around 6 weeks and am forever grateful for the support of those who had travelled this...
Back
Top Bottom