Recent content by 4cats1home

  1. 4

    THR November 4th LTHR Surgery

    Staples removed yesterday and my surgeon was very impressed with my progress. He wishes all his patients would recover like I do. Today I went shopping for the first time since the surgery and pushed a cart around Walmart for about an hour. I was tired by the end but it felt so good to be...
  2. 4

    THR November 4th LTHR Surgery

    Doing better each day. I get my staples out this Friday ( Day 11). I know it is healing because of the itching going in my left bum area. I starting using a cane yesterday instead of a walker and it seems to be going good. I have even taken a few steps without any assistance as long as there...
  3. 4

    THR November 4th LTHR Surgery

    Finally checking in! Got home yesterday afternoon and had a fairly good nights sleep in the recliner. I will be staying on the main floor for several weeks since our bedroom is downstairs and the stairs are steep (the fun of an older house). I had to do the same thing when I had my knee done...
  4. 4

    THR November 4th LTHR Surgery

    Tomorrow is the day for my LTH. Need to be at the hospital at 6:30am since I am first on the schedule for my surgeon. See you on the other side... Please send your thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery.
  5. 4

    Left Hip Replacement Journey

    I'm sorry I have not been replying. My surgery that was scheduled for Oct 11th was postponed due to a small blip on my EKG. My family doctor wanted me to see a cardiologist to rule out anything before clearing me for surgery. I had a stress test on Oct 16th and got the all clear for my...
  6. 4

    Left Hip Replacement Journey

    Finally decided to go forward with the LTHR. It had been bothering me for a little while so I had a consultation with my surgeon (performed my right partial knee replacement May 2016) starting in April 2019 and was told that my left hip was almost bone on bone. The only pain I had at that...
  7. 4

    2019 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    Finally decided to go forward with the LTHR. It had been bothering me for a little while so I had a consultation with my surgeon (performed my partial knee replacement May 2016) starting in April 2019 and was told that my left hip was almost bone on bone. The only pain I had at that time was...
  8. 4

    Upper Thigh Pain

    I am not at the point of surgery but have a few concerns regarding the pain I am having in my left upper thigh. I have had slight pain in the center of my upper thigh for awhile (not sure how long, but over a year). I thought that is was a pulled/strained muscle since it would come & go. On...
  9. 4

    PKR 4cats1home Knee Recovery

    Starting using Vitamin E Skin Oil & Plastic Wrap and my knee is feeling less tight and seems to flex better without the pulling. My calves are still super tight even after stretching. The muscle behind my knee also gets tight.
  10. 4

    PKR 4cats1home Knee Recovery

    Thank you! @JennyLynne , @sistersinhim & @Celle - I appreciate your replies/suggestions.
  11. 4

    PKR 4cats1home Knee Recovery

    Thanks @sistersinhim Does anyone have suggestions on moistening/salving the incision area? It is very tight when I walk that it feels like it is tearing open. Has anyone experienced very tight/cramping calf muscles on surgery leg. My calf hurts more than my knee when I get up from...
  12. 4

    PKR 4cats1home Knee Recovery

    Day 15 Update: Had stitches removed today. OS was very happy with healing of incision, flexion (90) & extension (3). He told me to contact him when I feel I am ready to go back to work and he will sign my release. He suggested to wait another 1-1/2 to 2 weeks before thinking about returning...
Back
Top Bottom