BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

2019 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jul 2, 2019.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

It's time to get our team together and start the train headin' down the track for the month of October - The October Fall Feisties are ready to roll!

If you are having surgery in October, please post here and cheer each other on. We're looking for a great group of soon-to-be feisty knee recovery patients ready to move on with their lives. :dancy:

2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on either the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

07 October 2019 robo
    14 October 2019 4cats1home
    22 October 2019 JJ-SF
    28 October 2019 HeatherLET, RobinTC
    29 October 2019 Buttonbear

3. HeatherLET

HeatherLET new member

Just got my date, October 28th, 2019 for my RTHR. I am 35 years old. I have had 4 other previous Labrum repair/scar tissue scope surgeries starting in 2009 to present. I am joining to get any tips and advice for a successful surgery and recovery.

Happy to be apart of the group!! :loll::)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  4. bottomshollow

oct 9.jpg @HeatherLET, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. Buttonbear

Buttonbear new member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have my appointment for Pre Assessment on 9th October, and have been pencilled in for RTHR on October 29th. After all the wait, looks like it’s finally going to happen. Feeling relieved and anticipating getting a life back, but rather nervous too!

6. bottomshollow

oct 87.jpg @Buttonbear, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

• Like Like x 1
  7. robo

robo new member

I had bi-lateral hip surgeries as a kid (age 9 & 10) for a slipped capital femoral epiphysis. They left the pins in place for 50 years! 3 years ago I had total knee replacement and it was life changing, I actually was able to live pain free for almost 1 year...wow was it great! Sadly, the left side which supported my bad knee has finally yelled UNCLE. The pain has gotten so severe it wakes me up at night. Walking long distances is now impossible. My golf game and hiking has come to an end. Getting down on the floor with my grandkids is close to impossible. Arthritis has set in and the pain has gotten the best of me. I will be having LTHR on October 7th.The doc has informed me that the pins need to be removed when they do the THR, which makes the recovery a bit longer...no PT for 6 weeks dues to risk of fractures. Has anyone ever had pins needing removal during THR? Any tips on successful recovery? I am so ready to do this...just nervous anticipation.

8. bottomshollow

oct 22.jpg @robo, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

9. JJ-SF

JJ-SF new member

RTHR October 22. YIKES.

10. bottomshollow

oct 29.jpg @JJ-SF, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

11. RobinTC

RobinTC new member

Have my date scheduled for October 28th. Any one know what the best things are to have at home during your recovery? I have never had surgery before so for me its scary. Trying to make sure I have all supplies I will need. I have a walker, crutches and a grabber...what else is needed?

12. bottomshollow

0ct 72.png @RobinTC, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

13. 4cats1home

4cats1home junior member

Finally decided to go forward with the LTHR. It had been bothering me for a little while so I had a consultation with my surgeon (performed my partial knee replacement May 2016) starting in April 2019 and was told that my left hip was almost bone on bone. The only pain I had at that time was down the front of my thigh so I originally thought it might be muscle or ligament issues until I seen the X-Ray & MRI. I opted to see how it went over the summer using Tylenol & Ibuprofen to keep the pain under control. Lately, the pain is more in my hip area and down my leg including knee pain. It is time to get on the "list". As long as my pre-op tests come out good I am scheduled for surgery on October 14, 2019.

14. bottomshollow

oct 43.jpg @4cats1home, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!