Recent content by 3Sportsdad

  1. 3Sportsdad

    Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

    @bsilvers, the first hip is doing great, there is no joint pain at all, I do get a little muscle soreness from time to time but that is only because I try to do to much.
  2. 3Sportsdad

    Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

    Hip number two scheduled for July 9th! I can't wait to get the surgery over with!
  3. 3Sportsdad

    2015 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    I am scheduled to have anterior LTHR on July 9th. I had my right hip done on May 11th and it has been great, can't wait to have the left done and start getting back to "Normal".
  4. 3Sportsdad

    THR Hip number one is done!

    Well, not much to say really, everything is going great.
  5. 3Sportsdad

    THR Hip number one is done!

    It felt great, the incision is on the right side. I set my icepack up there and fell right back to sleep!
  6. 3Sportsdad

    THR Hip number one is done!

    @bsilvers My surgeon used the anterior approach, and I have ZERO rerestrictions! I was able to sleep on my left side last night for the first time in forever!
  7. 3Sportsdad

    THR Hip number one is done!

    Made it home today and I am resting comfortably in my recliner! God bless my wife for all of her help!
  8. 3Sportsdad

    THR Hip number one is done!

    Surgery went well, I did not get settled into my room until around 6 last night. Not much to report there as I slept most of the time. I woke up this morning in some pain, soreness mostly. Got started with physical therapy around 9am, my leg was still pretty numb from the block so I really...
  9. 3Sportsdad

    Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

    All done late yesterday, doing well so far. Waiting for nerve block to wear of so I can move my leg
  10. 3Sportsdad

    Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

    Surgery is tomorrow at 1:30pm!
  11. 3Sportsdad

    Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

    My wonderful wife is taking off work the first week as well to take care of me so I will be in good hands. My kids have been great in helping me as well.
  12. 3Sportsdad

    Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

    Last day of work! (Officially anyway, most of Sunday will spent at work as well) Trying to get ready to be off has been a lot stress that I am glad is almost over. I am a salesman/project manager, I have spent the last month trying to tie up any loose ends on projects I have going and letting...
  13. 3Sportsdad

    Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

    Thank you everyone for the encouraging words, I can honestly say that I am ready! I am done with not being able to enjoy simple things. I went to my pre-op appointment at the hospital yesterday followed by a operation/post operation seminar put on by the hospital staff that will be taking care...
  14. 3Sportsdad

    Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

    That is funny you mention tripping over curbs, I don't how many times I have done that!
  15. 3Sportsdad

    Less than 2 weeks........yikes!

    One week from today.....I am anxious yet excited for what is to come. As much as having surgery scares me I am ready to get this done, I am tired of being limited with simple things. My wife and I took our two kids to the mall yesterday to get new shoes and shorts, I could not keep up with...
Back
Top Bottom