Recent content by 30something

  1. 3

    Arcee is here! We made it!

    Best wishes on your recovery!
  2. 3

    THR Glad to be Home

    Josephine; I am sorry, I do not explain things well. . I take the Percocet around 9 pm and retire around 10 pm and then again at 3 am when it wakes me up. I only take one pill at a time because I an generally sensitive to most medications(nausea and vomiting) During the day I am following the...
  3. 3

    THR Glad to be Home

    Week One- I am doing well except for sleeping at night. I was a side sleeper up until surgery and I am having a hard time sleeing on my back. Any one have ideas? I take Percocet when I go to bed and somewhere around 3 in the morning? Its more of muscle tightness/pulling and I tried propping...
  4. 3

    THR Glad to be Home

    Thank you to all for the prayers, blessings, and well wishes. I have arrived home and am doing OK. My hip is a little swollen and sore today, but overall- I am good. Surgery went better then expected. My incision is only 2 inches long w/12 staples. I cover it with one 4X4 and their is minimal...
  5. 3

    February Valentines 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

    I will post on the "other side" when I get home tomorrow. I just wanted to say I have made it. :)
  6. 3

    To be continued....

    That's wonderful news- will be thinking of you as the you approach having number 2 done.
  7. 3

    February Valentines 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

    nellsbells @scareDcat- best wishes today. See you soon on the other side.
  8. 3

    February Date

    Thanks for the well wishes,
  9. 3

    February Date

    nellsbells, joint camp was informative. I have my pre-op testing this week, nothing major just an EKG and blood work. My anxiety is trying to get everything ready- work and home. I hope you are enjoying your travels and I hope you were able to get your questions answered at the OS. :) Slowly...
  10. 3

    February Date

    Thanks everyone for the comments/feedback. I am trying to go into this with an open mind and keep my options open as far as my return to work and recovery. I am a Director of Nursing, so I can take frequent breaks and sit when need be. Its not a position where I have to be on my feet for 8 hours...
  11. 3

    February Date

    @nellsbells- I am south of Harrisburg- right in the middle of PA. I am on Pinterest looking up these simple meals. I have two boys at home that would give me grief if they had to eat PBJ's for a few weeks. :) Good luck with Joint Camp. Trying to figure by reading the documents posted here what...
  12. 3

    February Date

    I am doing 12 hour days at work to teach someone else how to cover me when I am gone. I am also reading up on food items that are easy to make and store for when I come home ie- crock pot items. Joint Camp is January 21st. I will keep you in my thoughts too- I dont think it has totally set in...
  13. 3

    Avascular Necrosis

    I would say if it is limiting your activities(and it appears it is)- then it is affecting your quality of life and you need to have it done. Why wait until you are having severe pain? No one should have to suffer and give up the activities they once enjoyed. As far as to have one done or both- I...
  14. 3

    Bone Grafting Anyone?

    I am not sure if my OS if over optimistic. I also have Protrusio with OA with my surgery in February. I should use a cane, but due to stubbornness on my part, deal with the pain instead. He has decided not to use cement due to the fact I will need a revision possibly. He tells me though that...
  15. 3

    Total Hip Replacement

    Soon you will be feeling better, best wishes!
Back
Top Bottom