Recent content by 3-cats-&-a-dog

  1. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    Revision TKR Quad pain/spasms/tightness<

    Only taking the Tylenol and/or Ibuprofen as needed. I have taken 1000mg of Tylenol q6h for 3 days in a row with out any substantial relief. The same with the Ibuprofen 800mg q6h. I have been on Skelaxin 800 mg at bed for the last week. That is helping a little bit.
  2. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    Revision TKR Quad pain/spasms/tightness<

    Josephine- Sorry about the pain levels. They vary throughout the day. When I wake up the knee is stiff and the pain is in quads- level probably about a 4. Some days when I am on it a lot it will go to a 6-7 and does affect my gait. I find myself almost lurching when I walk. Sometimes the more I...
  3. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    Revision TKR Quad pain/spasms/tightness<

    Josephine- here goes 1. 2-3; becomes worse when I am on my feet a lot. Mainly quad muscle tightness (feels like there is a rock in my thigh) and stiffness. Some knee pain with extended periods of walking. 2. Currently not on any pain meds. Have been on Tylenol 1000mg and 800 of Ibuprofen with...
  4. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    Revision TKR Quad pain/spasms/tightness<

    My primary care doctor gave me a script for Skelaxin. Have taken it for 2 days and it seems to be helping.
  5. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    Revision TKR Quad pain/spasms/tightness<

    My days vary. I work PRN and can be on my feet during that time. On the days I am off, I try to keep off of it except for walking the dog ( about 4 houses up and back) and doing some chores. I really don’t see much of a difference.
  6. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    Revision TKR Quad pain/spasms/tightness<

    I had a revision of my left knee on 6/21/18. I am having a lot of pain/tightness/spasms in the quad muscle. I have tried Ibuprofen, Tylenol (1000mg) and Aleve with little success. I’ve done ice, heat and used the Tens unit. It is affecting my daily activities. I messaged my OS who said that quad...
  7. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    TKR Flying after surgery

    When I flew to L.A , I got a small old fashioned ice bag. I had no problem getting ice for it during the flight.
  8. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    Revision TKR Quad pain/spasms/tightness<

    Home 24 hours after surgery. More muscle pain than incision.
  9. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    Revision TKR Quad pain/spasms/tightness<

    Revision of TKR done this afternoon. Anesthesia via spinal and a nerve block. Nerve block wore off after 2 hours and pain jumped from 2 to 7-8 within 15 minutes. Was given 10 mg of ocycodone with no relief after an hour. Got Dilaudid 0.5 mg and Tylenol 1000 mg. Pain now 2-3. Compression stocking...
  10. 3-cats-&-a-dog

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    I am having a total Left knee revision from a TKR I had done in 2016 on June 21st. I also may be having the partial knee replacement to the right knee from 2007 revised to a total knee . I will find out on tomorrow.
Back
Top Bottom