Recent content by 2active

  1. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    Rash is GONE!!! :):)
  2. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    You are so welcome.:) I will stick around and do my best to help others. I'm far from total recovery, but I do believe the hardest part is over, and I'm finally getting my life back. Went to Sam's Club for the first time since before surgery, and I was pain free the entire hour!! That felt...
  3. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    In one of my previous posts, I meant to say, all of my "scabs" were gone before I applied lotion or scar cream, not "scars". I know scars are forever. My OS confirmed that my rash is not related to my surgery or metal, nor is it from the scar gel I used, because it wouldn't have affected my...
  4. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    Okay. Thanks so much! I guess I just worry too much, and need to start relaxing more.:)
  5. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    Okay. It's good to know that the clicking is normal. Thanks! I guess I'll just let walking alone at this point strengthen my leg until it's time to use weights. I haven't used them yet. My wound was completely healed and scars all gone before I applied anything, but now I'm not using anything at...
  6. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    Has anyone experienced a clicking or popping in your knee as you walk during your recovery? I have a new sensation in my new knee right below my knee cap on the outer part while I walk. It doesn't hurt, it just feels weird. I'm moving around really well, but still have to hold on to the railing...
  7. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    I got a shower this morning with ivory soap, and I'm washing all of our linens, towels, and my clothes in free and clear All laundry detergent. I'm not using any lotions on my body as of today, including my dry legs...I'm doing all this, but I still cannot shake the thought of my rash being...
  8. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    There's nothing currently going around in my preschool. I wasn't sure if a metal allergy would be localized or not, with it possibly being in my bloodstream. I have been taking pictures for the past two days just in case my OS wanted to see it and I wasn't breaking out at the time. If it doesn't...
  9. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    It does Karri, but in the back of my mind, I still worry that it's related since there isn't a definitive reason at this point for the rash. It's now on my other calf and ankle area. Not a lot, but it's there. ?????? Still no pain, no redness, no additional swelling. Just this rash that comes...
  10. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    Okay, so the doctor called back today and said that I have the Smith and Nephew Journey II Oxinium with Verilast, which is a high end knee for metal sensitivity, so he doesn't believe it's related to the implant at all. He instructed me to continue using cortisone cream and Benadryl for a few...
  11. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    That's awesome news. Sounds like you had an easy fix.:) I'm in hopes that I will be lucky enough to find a simple solution as well. I woke up this morning with the same type of reaction as the last few days. I haven't used anything except for cortisone cream that my OS instructed me to use along...
  12. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    Oh I hope not too... What is your rash like, and is it only around your surgical sight? Do you have additional pain with the rash? I checked the Mederma for those ingredients, and they aren't there. There is an ingredient called Methyparaben. I don't know if that's in the same family as the ones...
  13. 2active

    TKR 2active getting her life back!

    I hope so, but I haven't used that in a few days, so would I still be having reactions from it? I stopped using it last Thursday, the day before I called my doctor.
Back
Top Bottom