Recent content by 1nan

  1. 1

    Bilateral THR Boredom and Financial Stresses

    Hi all... I'm 7 weeks post-op from double hip replacements. I'd love to hear interesting things people are doing to keep them from getting bored and/or depressed during recovery. Also, if anybody has tips on how to possibly make money, while at home recovering or if anyone can offer advice on...
  2. 1

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Wow, I really appreciate hearing so many similarities...at least someone can relate. I spoke earlier on this post a few weeks back. I'm the double hip replacement, anterior approach. I'm now about 7 weeks out. Where do I start..Like you all...I have "post-op depression", "Cabin-fever", I'm "not...
  3. 1

    THR Making six weeks

    I'm about 7 weeks post-op, double hip replacement...Did we all have surgery at the same time? :) I had the anterior approach. I too have really tight front of thigh stuff going on with pain... My physical therapist is awesome and knows a lot about joint replacements and has been really massaging...
  4. 1

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thanks so much Mojo33 and Horseshoe for your kind replies! You've both made me feel better already :) I love the vitamin tips and the "walking w/o a limp, shopping w/o leaning on a cart" (Boy, can I relate, and I thought I was the only one that leaned on the carts!) I'm already out of the rehab...
  5. 1

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I'm 47 and three and a half weeks out of double hip replacement surgery. Thank you Josephine for starting this topic. The post-op struggle is so real. I was in the hospital for three days and then went into a rehab home for about 8 days. I'm so glad I went to the rehab home. No matter who you...
  6. 1

    2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hi... I'm having double hip surgery on June 16th. I'm 51, single parent of three, and have lived in pain many, many years. It's time I guess. I have so many emotions running thru me. Glad to have found some support. Have you guys bought the toilet seat raiser, shower chair, ice packs...anything...
Back
Top Bottom