Recent content by 1delapisa

  1. 1delapisa

    TKR Painful nerves daily. Travels knee to ankle, in new knew and above new knee

    Im dealing with painful nerve endings. I dealt with this long before surgery which came back pretty quick after surgery. Shooting pain nerves. Heat, ice, advil, repeat. All day, all night. I was working as very active nanny before surgery. Now I cant think of doing that job. Last knee...
  2. 1delapisa

    TKR Painful nerves daily. Travels knee to ankle, in new knew and above new knee

    Last Thursday 8/25 at night, I slipped on one stair with my knee landing behind me. Extremely painful.I went the next day for an xray. PA only had to say to me, well, Ive sent myself back about 4 weeks. Bruising and swelling. Yesterday I got the pics of knee to see what had I done? Its been...
  3. 1delapisa

    TKR Painful nerves daily. Travels knee to ankle, in new knew and above new knee

    I had a "incident" with nurse in my one extremely long night in the hospital. Wanted to get opinion before I go back to surgeon. I feel he and hospital need to hear (again).
  4. 1delapisa

    TKR Painful nerves daily. Travels knee to ankle, in new knew and above new knee

    I thank you for the wisdom you gave me again. Following kinder ways to accomplish recovery is a Godsend.
  5. 1delapisa

    TKR Painful nerves daily. Travels knee to ankle, in new knew and above new knee

    Surgery was July 28. ltk. Surgeon told me the back of knee was in crumbles. Rtk was done in 2017.
  6. 1delapisa

    TKR Painful nerves daily. Travels knee to ankle, in new knew and above new knee

    Doing this again. Finally decided I need guidance. Just today I realized 4 yrs ago I got thru this recovery with BoneSmart. I've been winging it "just working as hard as I can". I've been angry if I can't push myself harder. Haven't really had help except 1st few weeks, and why can't I just help...
  7. 1delapisa

    TKR 4 months out

    Yes, I lost lymph nodes in 2001 - beat that cancer!! No numbness from that. Might be able to join a pool soon. Maybe my tkr and numbness would like that! Walked twice around my neighborhood yesterday! After waking today the numbness was really present. I'll just deal because I can't stop moving...
  8. 1delapisa

    TKR 4 months out

    My leg is numb! So annoying. Icing then going for a walk! AND sad to say from all the texting on my phone these past months I have upset hand nerves..... but Im doing and functioning fine. Told my friend that I could go back and pick a place in Tuscany to sit and enjoy the beauty for the rest of...
  9. 1delapisa

    TKR 4 months out

    My name - Nine years ago I was lucky enough after divorce to go to a little place called Tavernelle De La Pisa in Tuscany, Italy. I thought I was so rich i took both my sons to see my sister's daughter get married. My sister passed in 2003. My girlfriend came as well. BEST memories ever! Even...
  10. 1delapisa

    TKR 4 months out

    Polkadot! I left out your k!! I love all the nicknames. Would be fun to know how everyone came up with theirs!!
  11. 1delapisa

    TKR 4 months out

    Hi Poladot, More wise words. And havent had that chat with him yet. Monday's are back to work. I will read these notes again and again till I know exactly what to say and sound strong when I do it. Love and thanks to all.
  12. 1delapisa

    TKR 4 months out

    I'm in the chair with ice...When I said I rebounded I meant with the present pain while I was walking up those hills staying silent....oh my denial....nobody but on this site does anyone understand. My thoughts were 'I'm out of shape, have to work harder, why can't I keep up with them? Today I...
  13. 1delapisa

    TKR 4 months out

    I just have to be reminded. I don't have that bad knee anymore but foot to upper thigh numbness! It's so wierd.i dreamt about how much fun that little hike was and the fall leaves coming out soon. Patience, patience. Thanks Jockette......
  14. 1delapisa

    TKR 4 months out

    4 months out! Went to nature park with son and grandkids. Even though I've been pretty good about exercise my thighs let me know how our of shape I'm in. Of course tkr knee is more numb than anything. But muscles deep down on both hurt. Rebounded quickly after stopping but i want to keep up with...
  15. 1delapisa

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    What about exhaustion, still no energy! Im getting worried
Back
Top Bottom