Patellectomy No Kneecaps and a TKR<

He can't help if there was a recall on the implant he used.
He told you this? I can't figure this out - how can he NOT help if there was a recall? This sounds like the spat I had with my GP who had decided to rage as me about my weight and when I asked her to refer me to my surgeon because of this loose implant, assured me with great venom that he wouldn't do anything about it because I was so overweight!

He told you this? I can't figure this out - how can he NOT help if there was a recall?
No, he didn't tell me this. My OS is one of the ones that Jamie recommended to me to seek out as a second opinion. It was what I thought to myself when deciding whether to go back to him or not. What is your opinion about going back to my original OS when the implant is the possible cause of my pain and not his surgery?

I have all these conflicting thoughts running through my head. If God truly sent me to my OS like I've believed, then why has there been a recall on this implant? Is God using me for a revision experience to help others, if it comes to that? Or was it my misreading God's will for this surgeon? I hate this not knowing what to do? I thought I was correct in going back to him. Now, I'm not so sure.

What is your opinion about going back to my original OS when the implant is the possible cause of my pain and not his surgery?
You're really muddled in your thinking, Paula. If the reason for your problems is the implant then it IS the surgeon's problem! He may not have done anything specifically wrong or malpractice.
then why has there been a recall on this implant?
HAS there been a recall? If so, how do you know?
Is God using me for a revision experience to help others
I don't think God uses us like that. He's not an unfair God.

HAS there been a recall? If so, how do you know?
I read it on the internet and if it's on the internet it has to be true! :rotfl: Seriously though, you have an article in the library about it. https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads...“unusually-high”-rate-of-early-failure.45209/ This information led me to search for information on the web. Many sites say there has been a recall. Most of them are personal injury lawyers, but some aren't. There are even ads on TV from lawyers about the Attune knee recall. I just assume that this information is correct.

I don't think God uses us like that. He's not an unfair God.
Oh, I know God is a loving God but, I do believe He allows things to happen and then use them for good. That's the way I looked at my broken bones after my tkr. Maybe it's just my coping mechanism. I have to look for the good in things, if not I'd become cynical and depressed. Of course, I was extremely angry at Him for allowing my breaks just when I was enjoying my new knee! Since then, there have been others on Bonesmart that have had similar injuries after their tkr that I've been able to hopefully help. That's the good that's come from it!

If the reason for your problems is the implant then it IS the surgeon's problem!
Do you think I should seek out another OS for his opinion?

Thank you, Josephine, I'll make an appointment with the different one.

Well, what a waste of time and gas my appointment was. I didn't even see my OS. His PA came in and talked to me. Xrays are fine. Did I expect anything else? She said it tendonitis and a Baker's cyst and to take anti-inflammations. I told her I didn't want to take those. She sent me a prescription for the Diclofenac cream. Walmart just texted me. It's $96.50! That ain't gonna happen! She also said she'd also send me to PT. :heehee: I told her I knew all the exercises. She said it would be for ultrasound. Does that work?

At least I got those today and I can take them with me to my next appointment! They charged me $6, but I've had to pay more at other places.

Last edited:
Paula, can't you see your images never showed?

I can see them. It's 3 of them.

Paula sent me her xrays!

No Kneecaps and a TKR<

No Kneecaps and a TKR<

No Kneecaps and a TKR<

Do you have anymore suggestions for posting them?

View attachment 71067 View attachment 71068 View attachment 71069 ....
. She sent me a prescription for the Diclofenac cream. Walmart just texted me. It's $96.50! That ain't gonna happen! She also said she'd also send me to PT. :heehee: I told her I knew all the exercises. She said it would be for ultrasound. Does that work?

Anyway, here are my xrays. At least I got those today! They charged me $6, but I've had to pay more at other places.
I had trouble getting the cream as well. GoodRX dot com had a coupon for $28. The cream really helped me, so I stuck with it in spite of the price. Many months later, I found out that when I went to a different pharmacy, their computer said that my insurance would cover it. So, I switched to them and now pay a $10 copay for each tube.

Last edited:
I click on them and they're there. I'll delete the links. How disappointing.

Interestingly, they showed on the PM. That's where I got my images from!
Which, btw, look pretty okay to me. But I'll study them closer later today.

I just had another look and see what looks like a broken wire in the patella.
Got any ideas what it is?

No Kneecaps and a TKR<

There’s another one I saw on the anterior full joint shot too I was going to ask what it was.

Oh @sistersinhim i feel so bad you are going through this. Can’t send you a big enough hug.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom