Revision THR Continuing thigh pain from failed osteointegration?<

@chalcedonian1 , good to hear you’re also doing well and continuing to progress. Yes, it’s really nice not having to deal with that daily, debilitating pain. I’m starting to believe I may be able to hike and climb again, though I still need to rebuild a lot of leg strength before attempting anything like that yet.

I had a great thanksgiving. Hope you did too. Will have all the family coming back home for Christmas this year and looking forward to being able to get down on the floor again to play with my 2 year old granddaughter!

I’m starting to believe I may be able to hike and climb again, though I still need to rebuild a lot of leg strength before attempting anything like that yet.
I believe you will too.

Will have all the family coming back home for Christmas this year and looking forward to being able to get down on the floor again to play with my 2 year old granddaughter!
Definitely the "little" things that mean the most.:)
Very inspiring to others who have had issues following THR!:yes:

Happy Four Month Anniversary, Terry!
I hope all continues to go well. Please leave an update when you have time.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy 2019!
@TerryB_TX

:merry christmas:

Hope your holiday is happy and bright.
2019 will be a great year!
:treestar:

@Layla , @Mojo333 - Merry Christmas to both of you! Hope you have a great holiday and new year.

I’m recovering well. I’m now doing 3.5 mile walks every other day and working hard on strengthening (within the constraints given me by my physical therapists). No pain other than a little muscle soreness after exercise, and it’s usually gone completely by the next morning. I have weakness in my external hip rotators as a consequence of my first posterior surgery. I’m doing targeted exercises to rebuild strength in these and the other stabilizing muscles around the hip joint. I also have some psoas tendonitis, but that is improving, albeit slowly, with stretching, strengthening, and massage.

Overall, I’m really happy with my progress. My biggest challenge is being patient and not overdoing the exercises. The physical therapists really help with that. So far, so good!

Merry Christmas Terry:dancing:

Thanks for the update, Terry.
You'll get there. I'm happy for you, it's been a long journey.
I hope 2019 is all you want it to be.
@TerryB_TX

Dont know if you will see this @TerryB_TX but this one year hipversary from revision surgery, wanted to send regards.:wave:

Hope you are back to life in a big way.:happydance:
Would be nice to hear an update...would be very inspiring to those facing or recovering from a revision.
:SUNsmile:

Happy One Year Anniversary, Terry!
I hope all is well in your world and you're back fully enjoying life.
Would love to hear from you if you have time for an update.
Will look forward to it :fingersx:
@TerryB_TX

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom