hair still falling out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridget

new member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
6
Location
United States
Anyone. I've been told many have had some hair thinning after surgery and I'm at 13 weeks. How long should I wait? My pain is better for now, weather seems to affect it, but I would like to hear how long I can expect my hair to be thinning. My hair pro thinks I may need vitamin therapy or Bosley treatment ect. I do not want to put too many things in action as results may be hard to track. Any help would be appreciated. Appreciate any suggestions or stories of others who have experianced this problem.:pzld:
 
Sorry to hear you are still having this problem, Bridget. I think it can go on for a while. Have you discussed it with your primary care doctor or a dermatologist?
 
My daughter's hairdresser told her he could tell from her hair she'd had anesthesia, that it would take a year for her hair to go back to normal. Evidently our bodies are affected for a long time.:hissy:
 
Bridget,
I just had my hair cut and colored and my hairdresser said she was surprized that my hair was not thinner than it was. It has stopped falling out a while ago and is doing great now! I'm 7 mos. out so I know it is normal after surgery. It is the anesthiesa (sp?) as said in previous post. I had an appendectomy 10 days before replacements, so I had a double dose!! Take care and just watch it, hopefully it will fix itself soon!!

Best to you...Judy
 
I'm having the same issue. :doh:

I vaguely recall it happening the first time around, but there seems to be more loss this time, or I just might not remember well (that happens!).

I don't notice it yet in my hairstyle, and hopefully won't ever, but there is a lot of hair in my hands after washing my hair, applying mousse, etc. I read on-line that it happens around 3-4 months after surgery, so I'm right on-track. :hehe:
 
I am pretty sure now, that there is less hair in my hairbrush and the loss has stopped. I've noticed this about the 7 month mark.

There are some hair powders you can use to thicken your hair that you can find online. One of my daughters uses them for volume. Can't recall the name at this time. It's a little on the expensive side. Hope things get better soon for you.
 
My sister Jean had severe hair loss for about 2-3 years. It got so bad, she almost had a male pattern bald spot on the top of her head. She'd had no surgery, no shock or stressful experience to explain it. She's on quite a few medications and though sure it was them, was unsure which one. Her doctor was worse than useless! Oh yes, she was 72/73 when it started, now 76.

Well, she's researched and researched and found some startling stuff. For instance, commonly prescribed drugs that cause hair loss include ibuprofen, lansaprazole, thyroxine, metformin, just to name a few. She tried eliminating or reducing the dosages of each without success, finally concluding that maybe it was the combination that was the culprit rather than just one.

In any event, for no apparent reason, her hair not only stopped falling out but has begun to regrow some over the last few months. What a relief!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom